Help with getting better fps??

blackeye107

So I've been playing Skyrim for about a month now... And it's starting to irritate me with the constant lag... And my PC is this stuff.. I don't know what to call it so yeah..

Windows 7 Home Premium

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Model: Presario CQ62 Notebook PC

Rating: 3.9

Processer: AMD v120 Processer 2.20 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB (2.74 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Also I have every fps improver mod installed, Pine Needles FX, Rainfall FX, Snowfall FX, The Rift Super Performance, No Shadows, FPS Backround Booster, HiAlgoBooster, And it does nothing.

And I can only play Skyrim without lag if I'm in a very VERY small house...

Any solutions?.. I updated my Graphics Card to the latest and it went from 4.3 Rating to 3.9..

But... Any solutions?...

That just isn't going to work, I'm afraid.

Your memory alone makes it impossible.

You have 2,74 gb.

Let's say your system uses 740mb. That's 2 gb left.

1gb to run Skyrim, 1gb to store the textures (because you don't have a GFX card, just a chipset that uses the computer's RAM).

That's slim. Really slim.

The lag probably comes from your computer running out of memory and having to use the hard disk's page file to store real-time game data.

Add to that the fact that your CPU is barely good enough to compute the NPC's AI packages, let alone the whole game...

If you have no other choice:

You can always try to use the "reduced textures" mod.

You can also use the Skyrim Configurator mod to set everything to be as low as possible.

And deactivate anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering while you're at it. Every bit helps.

Or you just might have to accept that Skyrim is too much for your computer to handle. :unsure:

Skyrim was never meant to be played on a laptop.

Edited by Tom2681

From what I found it contans an "ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4250 Graphics" which is to say a very very very low spec graphicscard and couple that with a pretty low spec cpu and mediocre memory it's a wonder you're only getting a bit of lag.

However the only thing I can say is try just the base skyrim. This means no dawnguard, hearthfire or any other mod.

Other than that you're probably not going to get much more performance out of it.

Skyrim was never meant to be played on a laptop.

It being a laptop or desktop is totally beside the point as is has no influence on if the game runs or not.

You could also try installing Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel, this mod improved my FPS performance when I was in exterior locations.

Based on your computer specs, like others have mentioned, you'll probably be playing Skyrim at the lowest possible settings.

There are other resources you can use to familiarize yourself with the .ini settings that will improve overall fps performance. There's a bit of a learning curve when looking at which settings will improve performance. But things like reducing uGrid settings and disabling MouseAcceleration (useless feature anyway) will build your fps performance.

Or you could just get a laptop that can run it efficiently :teehee: .