karma-related mods

foucheduck

I did a really quick search for a related request, so I apologize if it's already been suggested.

Is it possible to alter the game in such a way that you don't lose karma for doing bad things if you don't get caught? I mean, afaik you don't lose karma for Mister Sandman-ing people as long as you initiate it while hidden

I found it really annoying that I could lay down a mine while hidden and using stealth boy, and still get blamed for it when it went off.

to a lesser extent, I didn't like that you lost karma when people didn't even see you stealing their stuff.

Maybe not what you meant by losing/gaining karma when noticed, but maybe skills and traits that are affected by karma?

Say you specialize in Assassination. By having a very negative karma, your ability in killing while hidden increases, and sneak skill gains a considerable amount of bonus points.

Or if your karma is extremely good, you are more likely to gain temporary followers to aid you in battle (im guessing something like wanderers mods where more wastelanders and adventurers exists in the world).

But that's what Karma is. Karma doesn't care if there are witnesses. Karma is just how your soul is affected by your actions. Reputation is affected by having witnesses. This is how it was in the Fallout 1 and 2. This is how it is in Fallout 3, although the reputation side isn't as well done as in the previous two games.

Just like Lyndon said. Karma is what you do, and what you are. Not what people see you doing. If you steal you are a thief, but I still find the system to be flawed. Reputation should really be mesaured seperately, allowing you to be a thief and sneky ass killer with really bad Karma and still have a decent reputation based on your official actions. In Fallout 2 I think you had a reputation for each location on the world map. Making it possible to have bad Karma and still be the big hero somewhere.

Archived