another bug blood potion DAWNGUARD

silverdreadaxe

when u complete some vampire side quest, they will give u blood potion. have serana as follower. cause she is vampire so give blood potion to her inventory dont give other healing potion. bring her in to any quest that engage some combat. when she low hp, she drink that potion BUT ur vampiric blood recade NOT her. is this only happen to me? or u all haven't try yet... Edited by silverdreadaxe

I think this may be my problem as well...in combat she kept turning me into a vampire, but only after the end of the Dawnguard quest when I gave her five blood potions. I kept being turned into a vampire in combat even when I was not directly between her and the target when she would drain them. After never being able to get cured I got tired of loading a previous saves I dismissed her even though I really like her. I kept getting a message that was something like "Your vampiric traits receed as you feed" as though I were a vampire and then I couldn't cure it by drinking a Cure all Disease potion and couldn't start the quest to cure vanpirism. I even tried using the dragon priest mask that makes you immune to 100% of diseases but it still kept happening.

I'm going to go get her and test her in combat a few times with the blood potions stored in a chest and see if she still turns me into a vampire.

Edited by Jennifur68

So far removing her Blood Potions and storing them in a chest seems to have fixed her turning me into a vampire. I spent a day in game time running around near Whiterun with Serana killing giants, saber cats, mammonths, bandits on the road, bandits in an old fort and not once did she turn me into a vampire even when I purposely got between her and the target when she used her vampiric drain. I made sure she was injured by the mammoths and giants and and she did go down on a knee to recover, when she had the potions she must have been using them dispite the fact she always had five on her because she never took that much damage with them. Hopefully this is the solution the the problem I've had with her turning me into a vampire...on the downside she does resist healing spells because she counts as undead.