We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Help finding AUTO-save file

Thandal

I have a strange request, based on another player's request.

I'm trying to locate a specific Save file so I can post it for another player to use because s/he hates playing through the Prologue and Chapter 1.

Issue: I can't find the Save file I want even though it appears in, and I can select it from, the "Load Game" list.

It's the "auto-save" created when Ryder first returns to the Hyperion from Habitat 7.

When loaded, It starts immediately in the middle of the convo with Liam and Cora about "Wow! Dad's dead and I'm the Pathfinder now..."

The file loads and works perfectly in-game, but... I can't identify it in my "\Save" folder.

When I search the folder I see files named:

• Careera01b0a4e-Chapter0
  • Careera01b0a4e-Chapter1
These are time-stamped well before the one I want. (I can see the date/time of the one I want in the load list.)
  • Careera01b0a4e-Chapter51
  • Careera01b0a4e-0ManualSave
  • Careera01b0a4e-1ManualSave
These are time-stamped one, two, and more hours, respectively, after the one I want.

(... and then there are the 700+ other saves for all my different Ryders! :laugh: )

I've also searched in the game's "\Program Files" folder, but nothing there either.

Anyone have ideas? Please?

Do you need to share this particular auto-save file? It might be better to do a manual save after talking with Kandros and arriving in Nexus. Because some gamers get stuck when traveling by train.

Edited by Magerose

Well, it doesn't have to be this file. But this one happens to make the perfect starting point for someone who just wants to skip past the tutorial that is Habitat 7.

More importantly, my OCD is kicking in. I know that Save file has to exist somewhere. I just have to find it.