Galactic Trade Project

Spiritz666

As some may know i am new to modding and in making new ( and hopefully updating if possible ) mods for Beyond which also helps me learn new things .

I`m considering doing a mod for Galactic Trade and i am wondering which the community would like - i`d prefer a few ideas to work upon which may be of use to others rather than go by what i think would be of use , also i feel if im working on 1 version i can also same time make adjustments for variants same time rather than going back several times after and making changes .

Looking at the code there are 2 sections - for both products and substances - always available and optional .

Always available are items that are always present to buy and Optional are items that can be picked and added by the game from a list . The Optional are i believe will be chosen by random from the list which is to say if i added 100 items the game may choose ( depending on other settings ) say 4 to be added to the buy list.

If players can say which is preferable i can look into making the mod with the priority required .

These are my Theoretical Versions

1. Unlock all items to be available regardless

2. Unlock all items with a few items restricted - atlas passes and a few others which for now im unsure of .

3. Unlock all items that are not usually available into the optional section

4. Unlock all items that are not usually available into the optional section with a few items restricted .

I will be looking into increasing the amount of items/products/substances sold as the mod evolves but i want to try and do things 1 step at a time .

I am open to suggestions for doing variants for certain items/products/substances only - but only if enough players want it .

I may after this mod look into the tech shops and seeing what i can do with them - if there isnt other mods that already deal with them ( unless they are broken with current NMS Beyond 2.16 )

So spread the word so i can get as much feedback as possible and i can go forward with this project .

Ive managed so far to get ( hopefully ) all the substance id`s - the products will take a bit longer to sift thru and identify so for now i`ll work on substances only until i have all the products .

Edited by Spiritz666

Ok - a few changes to the options

1. Unlock all items to be available regardless ( this will be the very last option as there is a ton of stuff and for many it will break the game )

2. Unlock all items with a few items restricted - atlas passes and a few others which are usually restricted . ( As above option as it will rely on the same edits but with a few changes )

3. Unlock all items that are not usually available into the optional section - this includes restricted items like atlas passes

4. Unlock all items that are not usually available into the optional section with items that are usually restricted still being restricted like atlas passes .

I`m tempted to do the mod in versions ( stages ) - and each version will increase what will be available - eg Tier 1 that will have all normal materials , tier 2 version which would have materials included from basic refining , tier 3 would be medium refined materials and so on .