HAND 2 HAND WITH FATALITY MOVE FINISH!

ThornsWrath

I'd be VERY interested in a mod that brought martial arts to this game. It would be nice to see these moves displayed in VATS and have several variations of finishing moves that completely obliterate the enemy you're fighting by severing off their targeted limb. There could be a RAGE option that allows your finishing move to completely explodes the enemy into a bloodly mess even without having the bloody mess perk.

I'd like to see standard karate kicks, standard karate punches, spin kicks, round house punches, and a super excelerated combination of punches and kicks to use as the finishing move that shows each punch and kick in slow motion while using VATS.

I just noticed that someone else mentioned in another thread about having VATS being able to target specific limbs with unarmed combat. This would definitely be cool to use with my mod idea above. Each targeted limb could trigger a specific fatality move on the targeted enemy. I'd love to see this in the game along with some karate type moves to boot.

There was a mod for martial arts in Oblivion i think by sinkpoint (though I'm not sure if i remember correctly), the animations were stunning and very natural looking, it'd be wicked if he started looking into fallout 3 unarmed animations, I'm already debating about whether to ask him about it as i often played unarmed in oblivion due to his mod

I would like better unarmed animations - but not eastern martial arts. Good old boxing is what I'd like to see - and dont try to tell me that the current animations are boxing. The PC's form is terrible, he's got no guard and doesnt know how to throw a punch. It's quite painful for me to watch, especially as someone who's done a fair bit of boxing training.

I dont think that shaolin style flashy nonsense would really be fitting though. While Fallout 2 gave you the opportunity to train with an ancient master and all that, the overall theme of Fallout - the 50's retro style and all that - it makes a lot more sense for the PC to have trained in western martial arts. Wrestling might be a bit tricky to implement... but boxing makes a lot of sense. If the PC was to use an eastern style, Judo would be the only one I think would fit, but again, more difficult to implement.

I'd even be keen to see the PC box with an old fashioned, bare-knuckle style - similar in stance to the guys seen on the cover of Pugilism Illustrated.

I'm thinking now of Raiders of the Lost Arc, when Indy is fighting hand to hand with the big Nazi while that plane is spinning around on the Tarmac. That's a style I could see being appropriate.

Another thing that would go great with this would be some arena hand to hand combat as a way to earn money kinda like the boxing in new reno from fallout 2

I certainly wouldnt mind seeing a town with some kind of "thunderdome", be it involving melee weapons or unarmed :thumbsup:

Archived