Reduce found ammo...

BlindSniper

I just wanted to throw my hat in and request the option for less ammo in the game.

I made a mod for STALKER that drastically reduced ammo and raised its price; I'd love to see the ability to lower ammo on enemies/containers by 50-75% and raise the price of it in stores. For me the 'dang, can I afford to use one of my last 8 rounds of .32 ammo on that raider? Or should I avoid this altercation all together and keep hoping to find a stash of ammo somewhere' situations are great.

Anyway, I just wanted to check to see if anyone had uncovered more information about this. That content you found BlindSniper may be on the right track! Nice.

Well unfortunately, after finding that more promising subrecord, I found two problems that made things more complicated.

That particular container was V101aFirstAidKit where I found the Stimpak ID. Notice the assortment of integers/characters before it. With a good amount of fortunate exceptions, I've found that only containers with an unintelligible assortment of integers/characters in front of it will contain an ID that matches with an item (which when it does, it is an appropriate item for that container).

Sometimes

A container can, well, contain several CNTO subrecords, each seemingly addresses a single item such as a bloodpack.

Sometimes you'll open up a CNTO subrecord which will contain an unrecognizable ID. I checked this by using ctrl-f on a page listing "all" items for the game and then pasting the ID in the search. The item list looks extremely thorough to me, though I'd be lying if I knew it contained everything for sure.

What may be a bigger problem is what I found next. I checked a container called "MS04GradysFirehoseBox"

Well I know for a fact that this container will have:

MINOR SPOILER ALERT (with "-"s above and below it)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

1: A firehose nozzle

2: "Naughty Nightwear"

There's nothing random about those items, the game will have those every time. So I thought this would be a good place to find out where the values of things were. Well there happens to conveniently be 2 CNTO subrecords, and one does in fact contain the ID of the Firehose nozzle. "Jackpot!" I figured, but when I looked at the ID of the other, it was the same ID of "Naughty Nightwear", except it was off by one digit.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

So when matching that item (for which I'm 99% certain I knew what it was) It was 000C8E0B when I know the item ID is

actually 000C8E07. So what's the deal? I have no clue, and I've found similar behavior like that in other containers.

This will most likely keep me from being able to make this mod myself. If you know why these subrecords and their ID's behave the way they do, please tell me!

Archived