Launching soldiers (and giving soldiers other alien abilities)

PepprmintButler

Hy guys!

I hope you can help me. Last day i've got and idea If every actors default get the ability to MOVE-MOVE, MOVE-SHOT, SHOT-MOVE, or SHOT-SHOT, like the Heavy's BulletSwarm perk. But i dont know how to make it, i've tried to give all weapons the eAbility_BulletSwarm, but nothing happened, i've tried it with the eAbility_DoubleTap, but the same. Maybe i've could make it in the XComGame.upk to set all class first ability to the BulletSwarm, but in this case, i cannot give it to the aliens, and that crash the game balance.

Anybody got any ideas, how can i solve this?

Seems completely unrelated to the thread, but I'll bite anyway ^^

Where you should be looking is XComGame.upk. What you should be looking for is the function that forces the endturn after shooting. There's probably a check for the bulletswarm perk, which if true returns an exception. If you find that code, it should then be fairly easy to switch some operators around or a jump in order to make all operations go through that exception.

The question is, if you manage to do this, can the alien AI handle the new capabilities, or will it continue to shoot only once, or worse bug out ?

I guess the only way to find out is to find the code and make the change. I honestly don't know where to start looking. Possibly XComUnitPawn ? XComGame has a whole lot of data to sift through...

• 1 year later...

This reminds me of an idea for a mod I had early on: Perfect Training Roulette:

All abilities fall into one of 4 pools:

Class Roulette: Basic class abilities (ALL). Sniper Rifles, Smoke Grenades, and Rocket Launchers would then be items useable by all classes.

Robot Roulette: All the MEC, SHIV, Sectopod, Drone, Seeker, Cyberdisc, Mechtoid, etc abilities, with a few armor abilities thrown in.

Psionic Roulette: Basic Psionic abilities, plus Mind Merge, Psi Lance, Rift, Psi Leech, Psi Reflect, etc

Gene Roulette: All the alien abilties that are not robotic or psionic plus the EXALT gene mods are added to the, ahem, gene pool.

Don't know how possible it is, I've been having trouble finding the code related to the assignments of the random perks.