Severed limbs don't mean death

ThornsWrath

Im sick of shooting off arms and legs and the enemy just dies right away. This isn't very realistic since in real life a person or animal can get a severed limb and live for a short time period afterwards. Blood loss is what eventually kills you but that isn't instant. I want enemies to wallow and suffer the effects of receiving severed limbs for a short period of time before they die. Only the head should equal instant death. Would be cool to be able to retarget them again in VATS before they die and take off more of their limbs. I want to turn them into living potatoes without arms and legs before I finish them off with a head shot! I'm very evil! :biggrin:

Well, I must admit that dropping an enemy to the ground by blowing their leg off at the knee is extremely satisfying, but it would be quite a bit more satisfying to have them lie there on the ground for a minute or so bleeding and screaming unless you put them out of their misery.

There are effects that can ragdoll enemies without killing them, and if they were going to expire in short order anyway nobody would have to bother with the hassle of making the gibbed model do anything as complicated as stand back up and walk around (although, in the case of Radroaches, it'd be damned funny if you could decapitate them and watch them get back up and scurry off, since real roaches can do just that)... It'd be a nice touch on top of an already nice set of death animations.

Archived