Very Serious Dawnguard Bug - Please help

newzangetsu91

Hello all out there.

I have a serious problem that i cant use the services of the ferrymans, so i cant go on, on the vampire quest to travel to the castle vol???.

after i speak with the ferryman i sit down on the boat nothing happens. so please help me.

i use a custom race the temptress. maybe its it ?!?!?!?!?

i also have a bug that i can start a brawl with someone (only fists)but after a short period of the he/she attaks me with her/his weapon and the only choice i have is to kill him/her.

Edited by newzangetsu91

The Ferryman doesn't take you to the Vamp castle.....Use the boat on the shore behind Northwatch Keep....its south west of Solitude.

As for the brawling....you have a mod that effects the brawling....not the Temptress....it would be an animation or behavior mod most likely.....two I am aware of are 'Player Headtracking' and 'Duel Combat Realism'....what you want to install is this...it will fix the issue:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24020

The Ferryman doesn't take you to the Vamp castle.....Use the boat on the shore behind Northwatch Keep....its south west of Solitude.

As for the brawling....you have a mod that effects the brawling....not the Temptress....it would be an animation or behavior mod most likely.....two I am aware of are 'Player Headtracking' and 'Duel Combat Realism'....what you want to install is this...it will fix the issue:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24020

Yeah i forgot to mention it.

I CANT even use any of the ferryman services.

its not only from the travel to the vampir castle (i know that i doesnt travel directly to it)

Just wondering but do you also have problems with things like hiring a carriage to ride to another city (long wait times before anything happens) or large save files (above 60mb)? Because I usually have such issues when there are many script errors or savegame bloats.

If you have Sounds of Skyrim I suggest starting a new game because those mods are broken and cause major savegame bloating which cannot be fixed.

There may also be errors with mods that use a lot of scripts, I suggest turning them off.

@Hellscreamy: what you describe is a corrupted savegame. Basically when your save gets corrupted, it will break scripts. Not the other way around! It's a common misconception and it does not mean that the mods are broken, it is the savegame that is broken. Edited by steve40

@Steve, but it's a bit of a 2-way street innit?

Badly written scripts and/or player yanking out mods but leaving stuff and/or otherwise doing weird things causes saves to bloat or get corrupted (or unsafe upgrades of mods with scripts running registerforupdate instead of RegisterForSingleUpdate, or any number of other causes), which in turn leads to other things including scripts breaking.

Or am I seeing it wrong?

I have had some success with reducing bloated save by going to a small cell (like QAsmoke, or a player home), and just walk away leaving the game running. A few hours later I saved, exited, and found a 60MB bloatzilla reduced to 15 MB.