Looking for an experienced Blender --> .nif armor maker as mentor

LittleBaron

Hello.

I don't usually have a lot of success asking for help in these forums, frankly, but just in case...

I have read through and followed the SKYRIM custom armor tutorial wiki (here) several times over in an attempt to export a working weighted .nif without avail. If there is anyone out there who successfully makes armor pieces or any bone-weighted object/creature using blender, I will be most appreciative of your guidance.

As the subject suggests, I'm currently just trying to get a Falmer to wear a distinctive hat. What I'm finding most of the time is that the weight data (dismember data) just won't export in the first place... I got it to do it once, but I'm not sure what the variable was that allowed that. I know it wasn't following the tutorial to a "T".

Many thanks in advance,

LB

Everyone, everyone... calm down. I was able to finally make a Falmer wear a hat. We can all rest easy tonight, thanks to my efforts.

I would also like to say for the record that the Armor tutorial on the wiki noted above does actually work, if followed to the letter. I was skipping a few important but simple steps without realizing it.