No Running Backwards

Sunjah

Someone made a mod for Oblivion that was excellent. In it, you could take 3 steps backwards at run speed, then it went to normal "walking backwards" speed (ie, the speed was the same as walking, though you moved backwards).

If someone knew how to make this I would be eternally grateful, and if not the 3 step part, just simply remove backwards running completely. If you go backwards, it is at walking speed.

I hate (I think it's called) "kiting", but I must admit when 7 ghouls are attacking me I go backwards at a run whilst shooting.

With this mod, I wouldn't be able to.

Please, and a mighty big THANK YOU!!! if someone knows how and can do this mod.

Sunjah_Kahn

Great idea!

Sometimes the best ideas are the simplest. I find myself running backwards as well, and wish very much that I could NOT do that. Just one more factor that would add a bit more of that survivalist feeling to the game.

I have an extensive wishlist of mods to make the game more like a successor to previous Fallout titles as well as making the game more of an RPG than an FPS with character stats, and this is an idea that I forgot to add to my list until now.

Thank you for posting the idea!

I'd like to see a reduction in backwards running speed (maybe 2/3 of normal forward running speed, and the same for strafe-running- enough to discourage overuse), but as someone who can sprint in reverse (as well as while spinning around, which I'll admit is a tad unusual) I wouldn't want to play a game where I couldn't run backwards.

So... yeah. My vote is for nerfing, but not removal.

I have tried a few of the (excellent) mods for Oblivion; they don't work at all with this game. I thought maybe I'd get lucky.

I could make the mod myself, if there was someone wise enough and kind enough to tell me what needs to be done. I adjusted a running=fatigue mod for Oblivion, and eventually made my own based on that. I really have no idea of what I would need to change/edit here in Fallout 3. I tried using the editor FOMM, but had no idea of what to do or what I was changing.

I know several mods needed Oblivion Script Extender, and hear there will be one for Fallout 3, but a few mods did change running backwards and DID NOT require the OBSE (script extender). If anyone has the knowledge, I'd be willing to do the footwork.

Thanks in advance!

Archived