Archery damage formula.

todd92371

Hello,

I was wondering about the possibility of altering the damage equation for bows and arrows. Here is my logic. An arrow hurts (:)) and does the same damage when shot from anyone as long as the bow has an equal pull strength. In other words it seems to me that the only thing that should come into play with the damage equation is pull strength, armor of receiver and accuracy.. Why would an arrow material (unless enchanted) matter at all. Why would a person skillset matter at all. Unless you take upon their ability to shoot...accuracy. In fact, it SEEMS that the only component of a characters skill that should be taken into account is their accuracy. An orc shoots the same arrow and an elf with a lower skill base shoots the same arrow. The same arrow hits the person (thing) and does the same thing. It goes in and it inflicts damage. Unless the aim, receivers armor or pull strength of the bow differs.

Would it be possible to make a simple change to the damage equation for bows to simply take into account pull strength of the particular shot, accuracy and armor of the recipient?

Thanks.