Forcegreet. NPC not delivering line.

antstubell

Doesn't work for me. In fact in Packages I don'r see Forcegreet anymore just ForcegreetFromSitting and ForcegreetWaitSitting. I must have really messed up the Forcegreet Package as it appears when I start CK and don't have my mod as Active. What can I do?

Edited by antstubell

If you're going to mess with vanilla AI packages and plan to release a mod - don't (unless you actually want to change all actors but it doesn't sound like it). Make a copy of the package, then modify that. That package has 302 users, all of whom will be affected by your changes. Just FYI.

If you're just messing about (and I do love me some messing about), open your mod with either TESVgecko or tes5edit and remove the offending record(s).

If you're going to mess with vanilla AI packages and plan to release a mod - don't (unless you actually want to change all actors but it doesn't sound like it). Make a copy of the package, then modify that. That package has 302 users, all of whom will be affected by your changes. Just FYI.

If you're just messing about (and I do love me some messing about), open your mod with either TESVgecko or tes5edit and remove the offending record(s).

Problem is when I run Tes5edit I get this error...

"Exception: "Dawnguard.esm" requires master "Skyrim.esm" to be loaded before it.>"

Skyrim.esm doesn't appear in my Data Load Files. The first 2 entries are the HighRes Packs then DG then rest of mods.

Assuming you're running a legal copy, I'd try verifying my game and/or reinstalling it, because that's not good. And/or try tesvgecko.

Game is legit, I just verified files again, Skyrim downloaded 0bytes/0bytes still no Skyrim.esm in Data Files.

If I have to and it looks like I will do a complete fresh install how do I preserve my mod with all its scripts, retextures, dialouge, etc? Can I upload what I have to Steam Workshop and download it back from there?

EDIT: I just checked Skyrim on my other PC it is 100% mod free, never used CK on that machine and no Skyrim.esm appears there either. All I have is in this order HighRes, HighRes, Dawnguard and Hearthfire.

Edited by antstubell

I've never borked my game to that point, but for the mod, having a backup copy on a local hard drive is always a good idea (and prefixing your scripts with some easy to find name helps, as does keeping your textures in a subfolder - just a bit of housekeeping)

Yes, I suppose you could pack your mod (file > create archive).

And give tesvgecko a whirl - you may be able to fix your records without having to reinstall.

I've never borked my game to that point, but for the mod, having a backup copy on a local hard drive is always a good idea (and prefixing your scripts with some easy to find name helps, as does keeping your textures in a subfolder - just a bit of housekeeping)

Yes, I suppose you could pack your mod (file > create archive).

And give tesvgecko a whirl - you may be able to fix your records without having to reinstall.

Please read my editted post.