What Script Do I Use?

Spyderlord

I'm trying to make a mod where the quest line will involve replacing vanilla buildings at a certain stage with different vanilla ones. I don't think there is a default script to use for this, and I'm a little lost beyond the scripting tutorials. Just wondering if someone could possibly point me in the right direction with this. Thanks in advance

Also, Is there a script for removing specific world objects outright at a specific quest stage?

I know this is probably really stupid, but I'm a modding n00b.

Edited by Spyderlord

More specifically I want to make a quest that lets the player start building a hold on an old fortress initially inhabited by bandits. One quest stage would remove the impaled corpses decorating the area, another would change the crumbled walls to intact walls, maybe another would add a grain mill, stuff like that. It would be sort of like Hearthfire but the parts would be added as quest rewards. Is this possible?

Even a link to a relevant tutorial would be helpful. something related to world object or building placement? I feel like a derp

Edited by Spyderlord

Well the basic quest would have stages - each stage (which gets set when you complete an objective) would have a script fragment enabling/disabling an xmarker which in turn has a bunch of objects (say, impaled corpses) linked to it, either as an enable parent or opposite of enable parent. Open one of the player homes in the CK to see the basic idea - when you buy house furnishings from a steward, stuff like alchemy tables get enabled (but it's already present in the home, just disabled) and cobwebs etc. get disabled.

If you look at it in the CK, you should see a bunch of xmarkers somewhere outside of the home, each linking to one or more objects in the home itself.

I'm really a novice at scripting, I know just enough to tell me when I'm trying to bite off more than I can chew, and if I was going to attempt to do this I would get more comfortable with the quest system first.

Edited by acidzebra

thank you, that is a great idea. And yes, I plan on spending a lot more time with the quest editing system. I just wanted to see if It was something within my reach or if i should just call it quits.

Edit: I just checked it out and you are right! They place all of the Xmarkers just outside of the player home interior and have all objects linked to them. Half of these are 'initially disabled' and change when the player buys a room decoration. Again, thanks acid

Edited by Spyderlord