What personal rules do you play?

slainia

I try not to even get a bounty on my character ever. With alchemy, there's nothing in the game world that is worth stealing.. at worst I've picked a few locks for quests at the moment. I'm a good character, a 'moral' one.. who uses dremora lords.. which I don't see as evil in and of themselves.. it's like any other tool.. how it's used.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just thinking.. how people seriously try to create a negative and positive character "personality" by mental side --> this is just a game :) if you save the world and then kill everyone no one is going to blame you for this , and this is not meaning that you're bad person in life, this is just a game so you can try everything :) "Oh nooo i'm going to pickpocket lydias sWeetRooll.. i'm a good person" :D :D :D :D no i'm not saying that i don't like realistic stuff in game , i do love it , i even wondered some one would create a mod about... Restroom.. ahahahah :D joking (don't get insulted please.. ;) ) p.s sorry for my english Edited by LoneLycan

I think playing "evil" character in these games is not too easy. You can murder and pillage all right but there's somehow not class in it. I liked Fallout NW's approach on moral issues. The main quest there was also great as it left the player room for personal motives. I wish I could see someting similar in Elder Scrolls also.

Anyway, in my current game I have a "rule" not to loot corpses from their clothes and armor - unless they wear real treasures on them, of course. I also try to clear dungeons before looting the dead and containers. I also try to let the buried be. It's actually quite refreshing not to have to check every dead bandit and burial urn all the time. First things first: killing, then looting.

I've never been good in concentrating in just one thing. Therefore my characters tend to focus on many skills which is, I know, not very powerfull in the sense of maximizing your character. But I have rules that my character can only take small ammout of stuff with me when heading out, and the things to take with him/her depend on the situation. When hunting my character wears light armor, carries a bow and some other weapon. If I know there will be some heavy fighting I wear heavy armor and take the best weapons. If I'm heading north I'll take a fur cloak just for the immersion.

I also try to fight on horseback whenever I encounter enemies while riding. This is currently driving me mad since I'm really poor in fighting on horseback in Skyrim! Thankfully there are mods to enhance riding.

I also try to fight on horseback whenever I encounter enemies while riding. This is currently driving me mad since I'm really poor in fighting on horseback in Skyrim! Thankfully there are mods to enhance riding.

don't get dissapointed , its not about ur mounted fight skills , it is hard for everyone else i'm sure, cause there are some camera issues ,and its really hard to control your horse + aim your foe

Edited by LoneLycan

I can't help but be a goody-two-shoes. I started my Orc with the intention of just serving #1, but can't help myself from lending a hand to all the little guys. I'm not even stealing anymore, like I did in Oblivion.

One of these days, I'm going to play as an evil mage, neither of which I've used before in an ES game.

I've put in probably over 600 hours total into Skyrim at this point, first on the ps3 and now on the PC, and all the rules I've set for myself I've ended up breaking at one point or another. In my first playthrough, I started out as an epic hero, a just and righteous warrior, but I accidentally killed Lydia somehow when I was exploring the depths of Blackreach, didn't find out until like a week (in-game) and countless saves later. Then I decided my guy would undergo a mental breakdown because he secretly loved Lydia, so I shifted towards the dark side, joined the dark brotherhood, and it all went downhill from there. :P

I just started up a new file with the random alternate start mod and my current goal is to stay away from the main plot completely and avoid becoming dragonborn.

Ha ha, Lydia. The first time I played a pure mage I didn't really know what I was doing, so every scene with Lydia felt like it had leapt from the pages of Jeeves and Wooster:

"I say, Lydia, it's a fine day for wizardry, is is not?"

"A fine day indeed, sir." *sigh*

"Look there! Horkers! You distract them with your shield while I dispatch them with the Powers of the Arcane! Tally-Ho!"

"I am sworn to carry your burdens."

*gouge*

*oof*

*smack*

*gore*

"Just a moment Lydia my dear ... still recharging. Jolly good show you're putting on there old girl!"

"Indeed, sir. Take your time."

*clang*

*smack*

"Lydia! Look! More fire! Is it not splendid!"

"Splendid, yes, that is precisely the word."

"Grrrroan!" The last horker falls to a spectacular finishing move ... from Lydia.

"We sure showed those horkers not to trifle with a Wooster, didn't we, Lydia my dear?"

"I am sworn to carry your burdens ..."

Later, at the College of Winterhold

"That's right, Brelyna, I'm not just any Wooster, I'm a Thane. Lydia here is my Housecarl."

"Look, I don't know what a Wooster is, only barely know what a Thane is, and don't care to know. I'm just here to learn. Go bother J'zargo."

"J'zargo thinks the Wooster can either be a wizard or a Thane, but perhaps not both, mmm?"

the hearthfire houses are kind of nice, since I don't attack things that are not hostile to me, which means I don't attack giants. However they inevitably become hostile when they visit your house, giving you a reason to kill them. So then a giants toe can be had which is a nice pickup. In early levels I take advantage of giant camps by luring mobs toward them. Actually the best thing to do is get to places you want such as the steed stone right at level one, to take advantage of weak mobs.

There are exceptions to the rule.. I killed that hag who ran the Riften orphanage and saved a file at that spot so I can do it again and again. So much satisfaction...

Edited by stockwiz