More Enemy based armors

Psykodelic1323

So awhile ago I made a suggestion of a Hag Raven armor...it got very little response. lol

I was thinking of the concept and decided to throw this idea out there; how about more enemy based armors? What we have so far (vanilla) is Dragon and Falmer armor, which is about it, but why not a mod revolving around other enemies? Examples: Use wolf/bear/saber cat pelts for hooded fur armor (Similar to Stormcloak General armor), animal/skeleton bone armor, (of course) the hag raven armor, perhaps a spider armor, and maybe a Hoth based armor (yes I know his is unique, but I was thinking of using human bones).

I have seen a Spriggan armor, but I haven't found too many other armors like it.

What does everyone else think?

If you know of any mods like this, I'd love to know about it.

And still no response. People must not like my ideas. lol.

Personally I like the idea, but I think some of the examples listed are a bit tacky. I think more diverse and creative armors for bandits and undead would be nice though.

Tacky. :(

Well maybe a little, they were just general ideas after all.

I'd like to see a lore friendly armor that can fit seamlessly into the game. Using enemy parts for the armor seemed primal, realistic, and interesting. I keep thinking to Hoth as a great example. If you're going to roam skyrim killing all sorts of beasts and monsters, why not show off your skill? After all, you do so with dragonbone and scale armors.

With all the beast that attack you, you don't really gain much from fighting them. Sure experience, but what else? An ingredient, a pelt for leather, and a pretty much useless item to just end up being tossed, stored and forgotten, or sold?

With all the mundane encounters our dragonborn has, at least we'd have something more to show for it right? :)

I was also thinking about the diversity of the armors as well. Different styles for heavy and light obviously, but also for individual pieces.

You could make ordinary leather gloves, fingerless or full and even clawed. Same thing for gauntlets or armlets too.

For boots they could be armored, just fur, or even just wraps.

Armor skimpy and full body versions. Armored or fur options too.

Helms, hoods, head wraps or accessories. Bear/wolf claw necklace and jewelry. Perhaps a clawed ring (similar to brass knuckles) that help in unarmed combat.

I've had mods that add different dyes and colors so that could be implicated.

But why stop there, why not add patterns too? Insignias for Stormcloak, Imperial, Dragonborn, Blades, Brotherhood, etc.

These armors could be added to the bandits and other human enemies as well. Wouldn't it be cool to see a bandit from say, around Windhelm, running around in camo arctic animal armors? Or a necromancer wearing human bones?

If I had any skill in modding I'd try making them myself. :P

Basically, you want Infini-Craft for Skyrim? I'd support that.

Infinicraft is a modification for Minecraft that allows you to make any combination of tool / weapon. For instance, an obsidian pick top with a diamond handle. Or a wood sword with a diamond hilt. That sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I say Yes for sure, Tacky or Not, I'd love it. Sides Tacky armors are always way more fun.

And in a more IRL Skyrim//TES it seems likely that people WOULD make armor out of what ever they could right?

Plus this sort of thing reminds me of Monter Hunter, In which everything must die for the sake of one's armor! X3

• 4 weeks later...

Plus this sort of thing reminds me of Monter Hunter, In which everything must die for the sake of one's armor! X3

Problem is, Monster Hunter's Stat system means nothing. I had maxed stats, and a low level mission could still kill me very easily. Boy, am I glad for Phantasy Star Universe series (PSO, PSO2, PSP, etc.)