DayZ approach to food and health

duo2002

Wouldn't it be cool with a DayZ like approach to food and health? like if you don't eat for a given time, you'll start losing health, your regeneration of magicka would be slower and max attainable magicka decreased, the same for stamina... THAT would be awesome... And even applying the same principles for resting?

So while DayZ has food and drink... This Skyrim mod would have food and sleep to worry about.

There are some food/thirst/rest mods out there, most recent is realistic needs and diseases. Most cover several stages of hunger/thirst/tiredness, which make for interesting situations when you're in, say, the soul cairn with half your soul missing, in a hostile world and just realized you didn't pack any lunch.

What I would like to see in one of these mods is something like... I'm looking for a proper word. Food decay? I notice how I sometimes end up stockpiling a whole bunch of food and find some more on the journey until at some point getting hungry isn't an issue anymore because I have 15 sweetrolls in my pack. Dragon's Dogma had food go bad after a while. I'd like to see that. It would make stocking up stacks of food a bad idea since most of it will go bad before you get to eat it, and hunting for fresh food would be more viable. Also the whole deal with refilling water bottles/skins at just any pool of water, completely disregarding saltwater or just plain disease-infested water.

Edited..................

What I would like to see in one of these mods is something like... I'm looking for a proper word. Food decay? I notice how I sometimes end up stockpiling a whole bunch of food and find some more on the journey until at some point getting hungry isn't an issue anymore because I have 15 sweetrolls in my pack. Dragon's Dogma had food go bad after a while. I'd like to see that. It would make stocking up stacks of food a bad idea since most of it will go bad before you get to eat it, and hunting for fresh food would be more viable. Also the whole deal with refilling water bottles/skins at just any pool of water, completely disregarding saltwater or just plain disease-infested water.

What I would love to see and would love to learn to implement myself one day is not so much as spoiling food but recipes for long life Hard Tack such as Pemmican and Jerky or Biltong...dried Fruit, etc....I do know one of the Needs Mods has already implemented spoiling food and undrinkable water sources, you vomit and such if you eat the spoiled food.....my apologies, I can not remember which one and my quick search just now is not locating it.....I am certain it also implemented fresh and undrinkable waters.