New Enemy Faction Request

istvan56

I have a request for an expansion mod from our community. Since I'm not a modder I'm availling myself of this forum to suggest that someone, or some group, take up this idea. Here goes:

"The South shall rise again..."

"It was not the 'Civil War' or even the 'War Between the States' but the 'War of Northern Aggression,' damnit!"

How many times have we heard comments like these? I know that as a "Damned Yankee" that has never even been south of the Mason-Dixon Line I've heard it enough to know there are still plenty of Southerners who carry a chip on their shoulder. So why not have a mod where there is a non-too secret attempt to ressurect the Confederate States of America centered somewhere on the Virginia side of the Potomac? Naturally this faction is against the Enclave, they are against the Brotherhood of Steel too. Heck, they are against everybody who doesn't want to join them. One thing, I personally don't want to see them a bunch of racists neo-Nazi's or KKK types. I'd rather see them similar to Abraham Washington, they are idealistic and have their history mixed up. I suggest they have the facts from the Civil War mixed with the last big war.

The start of the quest to investigate this faction (or join it) would be complaints by a few town leaders that they have been approached by agents of this faction trying to muscle them to join the CSA. This means adding dialog options to existing NPC's. The PC makes contact with these agents in their first base, an outpost where prospective recruits are screened and trained. From there the PC may join the CSA and get a courier assigment to deliver orders to HQ. The PC has the option of destroying the CSA HQ or possibly rising in rank to lead it (by assassination or subderfuge).

I recommend that one base to be in an old truck stop in Virginia along the Curtis Memorial Parkway (US 66), nothing fancy and with plenty of wrecks around sporting Rebel flag themes. I was going to suggest using Langley, the CIA HQ, for their second (main) base but frankly that is too tempting to use for other purposes. So I suggest either the ruins of Fort Myer next to Arlington National Cemetery, Robert E. Lee's old estate. This are located near the bottom of the map opposite the Jefferson Monument. I recommend a minefield with bottlecap mines, a Mr. Gutsy repainted with a Rebel flag, and plenty of good ole boys and girls wielding shotguns, flamers, miniguns, a missle launcher or two and even a fat boy. Now if we can only get a few voices for this project, "Look Earl, he blowed up real good!"

• 3 months later...

I second the idea in general. I'd like to see someone work up a mod for a campaign something like istvan56 suggests.

Definitely no racist neo-nazi kkk nonsense! Not interested in that kind of garbage.

I had some thoughts about the mod myself. I could see the movement for a reborn CSA take root in Georgia or the Carolinas . The conflict would be a campaign of expansion into the Virginia area to reclaim what they feel is their heritage. I imagine the CSA faction blaming the old government and it's corruption as the primary cause of the nuclear war adding fuel to the fire over old resentments dating back to the Civil War.

The Enclave would be a primary enemy since they claim to represent the old government and the Brotherhood would be treated as a neutral party so long as they did not pick sides. Possibly the Brotherhood could be seen as allies if they offer to share advanced technology with the CSA forces.

Maybe that could be part of the scenario, the player can work for or against the CSA. If the player chose to side with the CSA one option would be to try and influence the Brotherhood group led by Elder Lyons into becoming allies. That would give the Elder Lyons faction some support if they are rejected by the main core of the Brotherhood on the west coast. As far as other factions like the Talon company mercs, I see them viewed by the CSA with complete contempt as just another pack of "money grubbing yanks with no sense of honor or dignity." The Outcasts faction remains true neutrals since they stick so hard to the sole mission of preserving technology and are not interested in anything else outside of that.

:biggrin: I can just see some genteel CSA officer trying to excuse the crudeness of his men in their initial meeting with the player, You'll have to pardon my men good sir. You can see they do have a penchant for fighting and as some of the men would say "Blowin' thangs up!"

Anyway just thought I'd show support on a good idea from istvan56 and adding some of my own ideas about it. Definitely something I would enjoy! :thumbsup:

Archived