Looks like Patch 1.8 is out

ginnyfizz

After a bit of playing with the beta SKSE, it worked more or less fine.

But, no quest markers appearing is brutal - I'm wondering if i have a mod that messes with the quest markers.

Searching for the enchanted artifacts in Saarthal --- BRUTAL without the quest obj working.

I hope skse gets updated real soon.

Malev

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a bit of playing with the beta SKSE, it worked more or less fine.

But, no quest markers appearing is brutal - I'm wondering if i have a mod that messes with the quest markers.

Searching for the enchanted artifacts in Saarthal --- BRUTAL without the quest obj working.

I hope skse gets updated real soon.

Malev

A few of us are experiencing the same issue. After a few hours trouble shooting Im still yet to find out whats causing it. There was a number of new quest marker changes in the new 1.8 patch Im sure this is effecting it in some way. I hope it get fixed soon. :-(

Markers are gone for me as well, also anyone noticing enchanted amulets no longer taking up a slot and you can use multiple ones, example I can use both a Minor Blocking and Resist Frost amulet at the same time and I'm fairly certain I could not a few minutes ago and I have not installed a mod like the old Oblivion Umlimited Amulets and Rings

I had the same problem since 1.8 but I found a way to fix it.

I'm using Skyrim Compass tuner which creates this file data/Interface/map.swf, I just had to delete it for now and markers are back.

If you have problems with your compass, I guess you could also remove Interface/exported/hudmenu.gfx, but I only had issues on the map.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Drazhen

Nice find Drazhen, that trick does indeed work, or at least it did for me, both map and world markers are visible again.

only had to delete/remove map.swf

thanks friend :)

I had the same problem since 1.8 but I found a way to fix it.

I'm using Skyrim Compass tuner which creates this file data/Interface/map.swf, I just had to delete it for now and markers are back.

If you have problems with your compass, I guess you could also remove Interface/exported/hudmenu.gfx, but I only had issues on the map.

Hope this helps.

Worked for me also ... thx a lot

Thank you Drazhen, It also worked for me. (The Map Markers at least) We'll see if the quest markers are applied in game to things.

EDIT: Quest/Map Markers working for me. So far that's the only real thing I am seeing affected using the Beta Skse.

Back to playing for now!

Malev

Edited by MalevolentMC

I got my game and CK working fine by just reverting the Update.esm back to 1.7 and leaving everything else updated to 1.8

For those of you who want to revert back to the 1.7 Update.esm as I did, and you don't have a backup, here's what you do:

Windows 7 fix only

---------------------------

1. Go to your Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/data directory

2. Right Click on Update.esm

3. A new window will pop up, Left Click "Restore Previous Versions"

4. An Update Properties window will pop up with the 1.7 version showing, Right Click on it and then click copy

5. Right Click in your Data Directory, and paste.

6. Repeat these steps for the Update.bsa as well

I Hope this helps anyone who was planning on modding in the CK. Without reverting back to 1.7 it is impossible to edit anything in the CK, unless you are starting a new mod from scratch.

No problems for me with 1.8 so far. Running very stable in fact. Have a lot of mods, and only had problems with Immersive HUD which I now run without until an updated version is made.

Edit: Immersive HUD is now updated to v2.0.1+ and works fine with 1.8 and SKSE 1.6.3.

Edited by MrBuio