Looks like Patch 1.8 is out

ginnyfizz

I had the same problem since 1.8 but I found a way to fix it.

I'm using Skyrim Compass tuner which creates this file data/Interface/map.swf, I just had to delete it for now and markers are back.

If you have problems with your compass, I guess you could also remove Interface/exported/hudmenu.gfx, but I only had issues on the map.

Hope this helps.

That fix worked for me, turned out to be coloured map markers was the culprit. Thanks for the heads up.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my game and CK working fine by just reverting the Update.esm back to 1.7 and leaving everything else updated to 1.8

For those of you who want to revert back to the 1.7 Update.esm as I did, and you don't have a backup, here's what you do:

Windows 7 fix only

---------------------------

1. Go to your Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/data directory

2. Right Click on Update.esm

3. A new window will pop up, Left Click "Restore Previous Versions"

4. An Update Properties window will pop up with the 1.7 version showing, Right Click on it and then click copy

5. Right Click in your Data Directory, and paste.

6. Repeat these steps for the Update.bsa as well

I Hope this helps anyone who was planning on modding in the CK. Without reverting back to 1.7 it is impossible to edit anything in the CK, unless you are starting a new mod from scratch.

Well, I tried this, and while Skryim is still showing version 1.8.xx in-game, I'm now able to open, work and save in the CK (v. 1.6.89) - huzzah! And Thanks! :)

I haven't had any problems firing up Skyrim with the beta release of SKSE (quest markers are showing fine), but that's probably because I don't have anything that relies on SKSE aside from SkyUI.

That being said, has anyone else noticed their swinging animation/speed is bugged? If I move then make a regular attack (not a running attack), I'll get three attacks out of one swing (animation may or may not play). Happens with all melee weapons (fists included), causes Auriel's Shield to discharge on a block-tap, and enemies wielding two-handed weapons are swinging them with the speed of daggers.

Tested with all mods disabled, without SKSE, and on old saves as well as new games.

Guess I'll have to backup first the key files before updating. The following are folders and files that could be overwritten and should be backed up beforehand:

Data\Interface\Translate_ENGLISH.txt

Data\Skyrim - Misc.bsa

Data\Strings\Update_English.STRINGS

Data\Update.bsa

Data\Update.esm

high.ini

installscript.vdf

low.ini

medium.ini

readme.txt

SkyrimLauncher.exe

steam_api.dll