Noob Question: How To Install Skyrim Armor

kevt121

Some armors that I try to add to the game just become invisible. I don't understand why. I combine the meshes and textures folder in the .rar file with the ones in the Skyrim directory. But some of them either just don't show up, or they make my character's body invisible. Can anybody help me?

Some armors that I try to add to the game just become invisible. I don't understand why. I combine the meshes and textures folder in the .rar file with the ones in the Skyrim directory. But some of them either just don't show up, or they make my character's body invisible. Can anybody help me?

They didn't install correctly. go to your skyrim directory and open up the Data folder. if you have two files marked textures, or two files marked meshes, then you messed up somewhere. if you don't see two in your data folder, open up your texture and meshes folder and see if they have a sub folder with the name textures, or meshes, that's not supposed to be there.

Also, there's no reason to install a file manually unless the mod author specifically says it can't be installed with NMM. You're really limited with what you can do when you install your mods manually. and it's really hard to isolate the source of problems.

Edited by formalrevya

It's pretty easy to make a mistake and place the textures or meshes folder inside of another folder unless you make extra sure to flop them in the void and have the "There is already a folder named textures, do you want to overwrite?" or whatever it says message pop up so that you can confirm that your files made it to the correct destination.

Like formal suggested, poke through your existing folders and be sure there aren't duplicate textures or meshes folders lurking inside of another folder. I like to install mine manually as a preference, just for the reason that I know it's going to be where I put it, just have to be careful and double check what you have. NMM is easier to use yes, but I'm a bit weird that way. :biggrin:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...