Is there any way to manipulate in-game time or move time forward?

acidzebra

@acidzebra: maybe set the timescale to an even bigger value (50000) and add a 1 second wait before fast travelling? Although I'd be worried about lag on a user's PC possibly causing unpredictable travel times. Edited by steve40

@acidzebra: maybe set the timescale to an even bigger value (50000) and add a 1 second wait before fast travelling? Although I'd be worried about lag on a user's PC possibly causing unpredictable travel times.

My thoughts exactly, I'll stick with the earlier slightly complex script I posted which works well, and damn the GameDaysPassed glovar.

• 7 years later...

@acidzebra: maybe set the timescale to an even bigger value (50000) and add a 1 second wait before fast travelling? Although I'd be worried about lag on a user's PC possibly causing unpredictable travel times.

My thoughts exactly, I'll stick with the earlier slightly complex script I posted which works well, and damn the GameDaysPassed glovar.

Hey, while I know this thread is really old, 8 years old, I didn't find anywhere else on how to advance game time with papyrus, so I thought I'd share my solution here in case someone else is interested. It was Steve40's comment that advancing the GameHour global variable would actually advance the GameDaysPassed global that got me to a working function:

GlobalVariable Property GameHour Auto

AdvanceTime(14, GameHour.GetValue()) ;advances time by 2 weeks, keeping the same hour of day at the end.

Function AdvanceTime(Int Days, Float Hour)
    Int I = 0
    While I < Days
        I += 1
        GameHour.SetValue(24) ;advances time by 1 day 
        Utility.Wait(0.2)
        If I >= Days
            GameHour.SetValue(Hour) ;sets time of day on the last iteration.
        Endif 
    EndWhile
EndFunction

This will advance the GameDaysPassed GV, keeping the weekday correct.

Edited by dylbill