Mods for Mac Help

Skyrimonster

Hello Im sorry if this is posted where it shouldnt be this is my first post. I am running Skyrim on mac through cider and was wondering if you can only get mods which contain esp files on your mac. For instance i cant download Become King of Riverhelm and run it because it downloads as one file with no esp. Do i simply place the mod somewhere to get it to run? r can i run it at all?

I play on PC, so I can't speak to the accuracy of this, but I found it in a similar thread.

It's simple really.

Just place the mod as usual (textures, meshes, esp, etc) and then go to your skyrim folder in the application data folder and place the name of the esp into the plugins.txt. If you do not have a plugins.txt you can make one. It must look like this (This is just my plugins file, your will vary.)

# This file is used by Skyrim to keep track of your downloaded content.

# Please do not modify this file.

Skyrim.esm

Add Esp's like this.

# This file is used by Skyrim to keep track of your downloaded content.

# Please do not modify this file.

sword_yamato.esp

RichMerchants.esp

Magicka Sabers.esp

iMaxPlayerRunes004.esp

Linearly Scaled Destruction Perks (20%).esp

ScalingElementalRunes.esp

Tytanis.esp

Skyrim.esm

Save the file then make it READ ONLY. Very important. No Skyrim launcher

necessary!

EDIT!

The path should be :/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/%USERPROFILE%/Local Settings/Application Data/Skyrim

And don't forget, texture only mods do not require this. You can use those with no modification just drop and play.

I just had a look at the mod in question and it DOES have an esp file, and an esm file, and a bunch of subfolders - inside a RAR archive. The whole thing should be extracted and end up in whatever is your data folder. You will still have to add the esm and esp file to the plugin.txt file as Janus outlined.

it downloads as one file with no esp

It's a rar archive. If you can't see folders and files inside, your download may be corrupted and you should try downloading again. Alternatively, I have no idea how macs handle .rar archives but I'm sure there is some software to be found somewhere.

Something like this, I suppose.

http://www.unrarx.com/

Edited by acidzebra

• 3 months later...

I know why this is, im sure that the skyrim version in your cider wrapper is the 1.01... I strongly recommend using it with wineskin, there you can install the steam version and you will have no problem. I could also give you a tutorial on how to install nexus mods on a wineskin wrapper. As long as its legal ;)

Edited by harmony90