Buying a new pc

Hello guys, I'm currently looking to buy a new gaming pc and I need your opinions about the parts I selected since I'm not good at building my own pc.

PC build

Intel Core I5-3570K

Asrock z77 extreme4 (formerly Asus p8z77-V)

Ati Radeon HD 7850 (2gb)

Kingston HyperX 8gb BLU

1.0 TB Seagate Barracuda

Will this build be good for gaming (for at least up to 3 years), I mostly play games such as skyrim, nba 2k, MW3, and assassin's creed.

Thanks

Edited by rvtmendoza

It looks good but you are missing some parts

You still need a case, powersupply and an optical station.

And if the budget allows you should consider a HD7870 or 7950 to be more future proof.

Edited by Erik005

Do not get a cheap PSU if you want your PC to last for 3 years.

You could change the motherboard to a asrock z77 pro3 or pro4. These boards are cheaper but they are also very good.

If the price difference is about the same as here in the Netherlands the change in motherboard will give you the money to get a HD7870.

I think I would stick with the 7850, I could just upgrade when it is not satisfactory in the future.

Regarding the PSU, in the stores here in my country when I choose a cpu case, it has already a PSU (or at least I think it has because the store dont ask me about it). Will it do no good, and should buy for one? And if I buy, what is the watts that I should look for

Sorry for being a noob

Edited by rvtmendoza

That's in all countries, these "free" PSU suck. They are not for a "K" build, you don't need more than 400W of power, but it needs to be high quality.

Corsair TX650V2 is good and future-proof, but there are cheaper options too.

I tried checking the W requirement and I saw that the display card (powercolor hd7850) need a minimum of 500W. Should I get psu with 500W or 400W is ok?

what is the difference between the powercolor and asus hd 7850? and between the asrock z77 pro4 and extreme4? are these motherboards in par with the asus p8z77?

Your system uses max 300W the 500W listed on the manufactures site means that even the worst 500W PSU should be able to power the system, a good 450W like the xfx one above would be fine.

The asrock boards are as good as the asus boards and the difference between the two boards is probably the crossfire/sli options.

The asus directcu II model is superior to the powercolor model.

The extreme4 has SLI, two more usb2 ports, two more usb3 ports and a PATA connector.

The extreme4 would be better should you decide to add another 7850 in two or three years

Edited by Erik005

Take pro3 (or w/e suits your taste) if you aren't overclocking much, take extreme4/gigabyte UD3H if you are going for max OC of 3570k/3770k (= ~4,5ghz).

Im using extreme4 on 2 rigs atm, great "bang for buck" mobos if you OC.

For more details, it has been reported that pro3 can't handle high voltages. So you shouldn't raise the stock voltages while overclocking. But that only means you can get "only" 4,0-4,2ghz clocks.

Extreme4/UD3H can handle all the voltages you throw at them :P

GPU differences with the new 12.11 drivers. (r7950 windforce can easily OC to r7970ghz level.)

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/images/bf3_1920_1200.gif

Edited by kalikka