Mouse Click Triggers Attack Flurry

UlithiumDragon

Ok, I'm not technically sure if this is the right section to post this in, but it seemed to be the most appropriate, so I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

Recently I had gotten fed up with spending 400% more time debugging Skyrim CTDs, freezes, and infinite loading screens than actually playing, so I decided to purge Skyrim and all the modifications I had/made off my computer. This involved not just deleting the local content via Steam, but both the skyrim directory in steam/steamapps/common and the one in My Documents (I zipped that one up to save the save files), and purging the files in %appdata%/roaming and %appdata%/temp. After reinstalling everything, including my mods, when I got into the game I noticed that attacking with a melee weapon had gotten more than a bit buggy. While power attacks and attacks standing still seem to behave just fine, any attack with a one or two handed weapon in which I am moving and/or strafing to one side causes my character to swing the weapon many times in quick succession, much faster than my attack speed allows. I checked this by battling enemies, and have found that it's not just a visual and sound bug, but that I'm actually swinging the weapon 2-4 times in approximately 1-2 seconds. I also noticed that my old pal the bug that causes issues with drawing/sheathing my weapon came back as well. I sometimes have to spam both left click (my attack key) and R (my sheath/unsheath key) to get the weapon to synch up with my hand so I can attack with it. While this, at least, seems like it may be caused by the custom animations that I have installed, coupled with the fact that I use

PC Exclusive Animation Path by xp32 (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14871), I never had these issues before reinstalling. However, I suspect it may be because Skyrim recently updated to 1.8, and I'm still using the version of FNIS designed for 1.7, even though the author only has an optional update for 1.8 beta at this time.

What I want to know is if this is an issue with the custom animation schemes I'm using, which mostly include Pretty_Combat_Idles by dualsun (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15703), or is the result of nothing more than the fact that SKSE hasn't been updated to 1.8, and that I'm using the version designed for 1.8 beta. I suppose the issue could also be with the mod Dual Wield Parrying by Borgut1337 (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9247), if DragonScript needs to be updated to 1.8 as well.

Oddly enough, this only happens in third person, but that's how I prefer to play Skyrim, so I do need to find out what's causing this...

A video showing what's happening can be found here.

I am using a custom weapon in the video, but I have tested and this happens with all weapons, including the vanilla ones. Thanks in advance for any help!

After reinstalling everything, including my mods,

Wait, so you had problems with skyrim and the mods you were running, so you reinstalled skyrim and the mods you were running?

:armscrossed:

Aside from that, your reinstall probably bumped skyrim to 1.8, and I imagine many mod authors are just now seeing compatibility issues and are working on updates and fixes.

You'd be better off running BOSS, checking the logs (and acting on any warnings and errors), making adjustments, and try things like disabling one half of your mods, test for changes (did it fix your issue?), if not, disable the other half, test for changes, and slowly pin down which mods are actually causing these issues.

Edited by acidzebra

After reinstalling everything, including my mods,

Wait, so you had problems with skyrim and the mods you were running, so you reinstalled skyrim and the mods you were running?

:armscrossed:

Aside from that, your reinstall probably bumped skyrim to 1.8, and I imagine many mod authors are just now seeing compatibility issues and are working on updates and fixes.

You'd be better off running BOSS, checking the logs (and acting on any warnings and errors), making adjustments, and try things like disabling one half of your mods, test for changes (did it fix your issue?), if not, disable the other half, test for changes, and slowly pin down which mods are actually causing these issues.

Sorry, I should have been much more clear: my skyrim directory was very bloated with remnant files from mods I only half remembered installing, some of which had been partially removed. After I reinstalled the skyrim directory, I only reinstalled a fraction of the mods that I had, and those being the ones recognised by BOSS, and ones I had previously had no issues with. So yeah, I use BOSS, and I did increment the reinstallation of the mods to look for problems. I normally use magic and crossbows, so I didn't notice this bug until I had been playing for about an hour. Also, BOSS has no errors and no warnings. As it is, I'm just going to assume that one or another of the mods I run aren't up to date for Skyrim v1.8, so I suppose I'll just have to wait and see if updating these mods will fix the issue.