Ice Magic Freezes Water

vardath

Ice magic should have an effect on water, so you cast an ice spell at the surface of water and it creates a floating ice patch, if it's in the middle of a lake, the patch of ice moves with the water current. The frozen patch should last long enough for you to enjoy it and melt away after maybe 1 or 2 minutes.

Ît's a bad idea to go from playing Magicka to playing Skyrim. At times I would find myself casting frostbite or sparks at enemies partially submerged in water, like in swindler's den where you may or may not be fighting alik'r warriors, and be moderately surprised at there being no effect. Similarily, with Frostfall installed - that one mod that makes you not want to go into water ever - I've often found myself wishing to be able to magic myself an ice bridge. Not sure if Skyrim can even handle it, but if it could somehow without horribly breaking everything I'd get that mod.

I have no idea what game Freygon is talking about, but I think this idea is great. Seeing as I play with frostfall on hardcore mode, the ability to create ice bridges sounds simply amazing, especially since my character's destruction magic of choice is ice.

Would probably be pretty script-heavy, though it does sound fun. lol... i actually was wishing for the opposite effect a while back.. in one of the ice mines near windhelm, l wanted to use flames to melt some of it so the poor saps wouldn't freeze to death so quickly. (or be so blinded. lol.)