(More) Realistic Flying Script/Mod

ikezaus

Had this brilliant idea for a flying mod.

Space bar should be used a huge amount for flying. something like while on the ground while hitting space will make you jump normally, but if you are not on the ground it will propel you upward again but give you slightly more fatigue than normal jumping (relative to original speed. pressing it repetitively should let you speed up and pressing it while falling should only slow you down).

Holding space bar should increase the vertical friction so it has a decent gliding effect that doesn't suddenly stop you falling but slows you down moderately quickly. starting gliding while falling at a high speed should hurt the dragon or character.

Possibly a toggle button for hovering.

Holding space bar while on the ground should combine normal jumping and the same as jumping in the air giving you an extra high jump (but have a short delay)

these controls would be amazing for a dragon mount keeping it difficult to control yet not impossible.

what do you think?

I had a very similar idea for Oblivion ages ago for equipable 'bat-wings', that equiped into your hands, disabling weapons/shields/magic, yet letting you flap about the sky.

Seems next to impossible to achieve though.

Honestly, I don't know, I only just started on Skyrim modding, and so far the only thing I've looked into is applying visual effects to the screen.

Looking at mods like Flyable Dwemer Skyship it seems possible to make a dragon mount that could fly that way, but there are so many glitches and problems in making a dragon mount to begging with I don' think it will be any easy undertaking, if possible.