Witch Lighting Mod to use?

jyujinkai

There are so many options I am struggling to find the best one to pick... I do not wish to use ENBs as they slow my system down.. so I am looking at mininmal impact lighting mods...

As far as I know there is

Realistic Lighting Overhaul

Project Reality

RCRN v35 HDR

These all seam pretty good and do not seam to slow my system down much. The thing is witch one to use.. I was wondering what you guys think. Project Reality has all these awesome weather systems for example.. is that worth not use HDR?

What do you guys think?

I am leaning towards RCRN?

Edited by jyujinkai

There are so many options I am struggling to find the best one to pick... I do not wish to use ENBs as they slow my system down.. so I am looking at mininmal impact lighting mods...

As far as I know there is

Realistic Lighting Overhaul

Project Reality

RCRN v35 HDR

These all seam pretty good and do not seam to slow my system down much. The thing is witch one to use.. I was wondering what you guys think. Project Reality has all these awesome weather systems for example.. is that worth not use HDR?

What do you guys think?

I am leaning towards RCRN?

RCRN is my personal favorite, there's a lot of customization options to tweak it to your personal liking.

But that's just my personal opinion.

If you don't want to go with that one for whatever reason, The team behind project reality also does top notch work.

I can't give a personal opinion on realistic lighting, haven't used it.

But ultimately you should use the one that works best with your computer and mods.

Edited by formalrevya

I strongly favor RCRN as well. Ive been using it since version 1.4 and gives wonderful lighting without impacting performance that much,. ENB is fine if you have a very high-end rig and you can use all the fancy features it offers. But if your like me and are jealous of your fps and want to keep it as high as possible for smooth ganeplay, I would avoid it. As was previously said its all about personal preferences.

I've tried RCRN, and in my opinion, it is barely noticeable at all, if you are really looking for a lighting mod that has a noticeable powerful impact on the game, RCRN is not for you. To be honest, it just hurt my eyes to play the game with in installed for longer then a few hours. My personal favorite is Superb ENB RL, but it has a very strong impact on the game, and can cause some lag. It is extremely customizable if you download the ENB custimizer, which can drop the quality and depth effects , making it not lag so bad, it also has 4 different install options from High Performance, to High Quality. I use the High Quality with all the detail turned on the highest settings and in RARE occasions my FPS drops from 60 to 45 when I turn around really fast or I run reallyreally fast, or I'm flying a skyship at full speed or something. To me, the metal shimmer effect alone makes this mod my favorite lighting mod. the focusing effect on objects in faces is just amazing too, it really makes things POP, and look 'animated' in a weird realistic way. It's honestly the most NOTICABLE lighting mod out there, and has very minimal FPS hit when compared so some of the other ones, and as I said, has 4 different version based on your performance vs quality preferences.

If you are looking for something with extremely minimal impact though, I guess RCRN is a good choice, it's very mildly customizable as well. I was just very disappointed with it, with how much people suggest it, I felt like all it really did was make my game harder to see clearly, and look less high-definition then Vanilla. It all comes down to personal preference though, and I don't mind taking a not-noticeable-to-the-eye FPS loss to make my game much more realistic. I will say RCRN had ZERO effect on my FPS, but my machine is a monster that chews up and spits out skyrim like it's pacman. :tongue: