Realistic ability to carry only a few weapons

arcuspilot

Imagine a female wastelander, carrying on her back a minigun, a missile launcher, a hunting rifle, an assault rifle and a sniper rifle. Hanging from her belt are 2 pistols, and an SMG. Plus all the ammo, mines, grenades, drugs and food in her backpack. That was my character in Fallout 3.

And I know you have to suspend disbelief when playing an RPG in a fantasy world. And although I kinda like the idea of being able to carry one's own weight on one's back and be able to endlessly run, I would like to see a mod that injects just a little realism:

You get a backpack where you can store whatever non-weapons you like but- you can only ever have two rifles and two pistols. So - you'd have two rifles crossed over your back and a pistol (even an SMG) hanging over each thigh.

Yep - probably impossible to make and, well - I just never carry more than 2 rifles and two pistols. Still - it'd be a cool little mod. You never see NPC's carry more than one or two weapons, do you?

It would be very cool - ESPECIALLY if it were add the visible holster points like you're talking about. I would love to be able to see my hunting rifle on my back at the same time as a sawed-off on one thigh and the .44 magnum on the other hip.

Archived