Valkyrie Armour Mod

Carah

I want to create a new character for my OB game, and was hoping someone would be up for the challenge of making this armour mod for me, or for anyone else for that matter. As far as I know about the Valkyrie they didn't have wings, but rode winged horses. The Golden Saints armour is actually a good template to start, because of the winged like helmets they wear.

Here are some images I pulled off of Google that might give an idea. I particularly like the last one, but it is quite detailed.

Thank-you to anyone who is willing to take up this task. :thanks:

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-valkyrie.jpg

http://www.darkrising.co.uk/Images/Valkyrie.jpg

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/Carahsword/ValkyrieHorse.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to create a new character for my OB game, and was hoping someone would be up for the challenge of making this armour mod for me, or for anyone else for that matter. As far as I know about the Valkyrie they didn't have wings, but rode winged horses. The Golden Saints armour is actually a good template to start, because of the winged like helmets they wear.

Here are some images I pulled off of Google that might give an idea. I particularly like the last one, but it is quite detailed.

Thank-you to anyone who is willing to take up this task. :thanks:

Welcome to the forums, Carah.

Norse-flavored mods are always good in my opinion, as well. In the meantime, check this:

AT2 01-Shiki Armor Set

There are a few items and accessories you might find useful for your Valkyrie. If I understand correctly, they should also work with standard female body meshes/replacers.

Welcome to the forums, Carah.

Norse-flavored mods are always good in my opinion, as well. In the meantime, check this:

AT2 01-Shiki Armor Set

There are a few items and accessories you might find useful for your Valkyrie. If I understand correctly, they should also work with standard female body meshes/replacers.

Great armour set. I was hoping for something a little more authentic...eg. barbarian style.

Thank-you for your help... Kudos :thumbsup:

wow, i love the helmet with the wing...(the one with the girl with a spear) would love to see it done ! by the way carah have you check the mod made by "lera and pizz" (just type lera or pizz in the search box, and it will show you they'r mod) in one of them there's a lil white wing set that use the tail slot so you could use almost any helmet with it ! maybe it would suit your needs :-)

When you mentioned valkyrie, I was worried it might be another anime mod being requested. Luckily it's not. Like Lucherenren said "Norse-flavored mods are always good." They fit well into the game without ruining it. I support the idea of this mod. We need female armours that are "curvy" without the use of g-strings.

I had downloaded some mods, and I have come up with something, but it looks like she got dressed in the dark. A little too revealing for my liking. I would like the cuirass to cover her belly, but this is as close to what I want for the meantime.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/Carahsword/ValkyrieHorse-1.jpg

The belt on the Imperial Legion armour would look great. I'm trying to get Blender up and running, and give this armour mod a shot myself. I just don't have the time or the patience for the most part.

The belt on the Imperial Legion armour would look great. I'm trying to get Blender up and running, and give this armour mod a shot myself. I just don't have the time or the patience for the most part.

That's good to hear!

While the initial learning curve is admittably still a bit steep in places, it's easy to fall in love with Blender.

I have to say, your Valkyrie design shows promise! Well done.

For additional diversity, try out Capes & Cloaks (with or without the amulet add-on), and you can certainly expand your weaponry - there are a few swords on TESNexus which would fit quite nicely.

If you're planning for a brawny Valkyrie, in my opinion the "body mods to go" are probably Exnem's or HGEC, opting for the more muscular variations.

And last but not least... if she is meant to be imposing, let her tower above most other people! Nord characters are already slightly taller than the average Imperial (rated at 1.0), but you can still use player.setscale from the console to adjust her stature.

That's good to hear!

While the initial learning curve is admittably still a bit steep in places, it's easy to fall in love with Blender.

I have to say, your Valkyrie design shows promise! Well done.

For additional diversity, try out Capes & Cloaks (with or without the amulet add-on), and you can certainly expand your weaponry - there are a few swords on TESNexus which would fit quite nicely.

If you're planning for a brawny Valkyrie, in my opinion the "body mods to go" are probably Exnem's or HGEC, opting for the more muscular variations.

And last but not least... if she is meant to be imposing, let her tower above most other people! Nord characters are already slightly taller than the average Imperial (rated at 1.0), but you can still use player.setscale from the console to adjust her stature.

I like your suggestions, and it's nice to have other people brainstorm with me. Freja is a Nord, because I felt it was only fitting, and good idea to adjust her stature in the console. I have Freja switch back and forth with a spear and a few swords, and I am getting curious about the pegesues mod flying around Nexus somewhere. (Sorry couldn't resist) :teehee:

Right now, I'm having trouble getting Blender to work. I keep getting an error message everytime it starts up. I have followed lhammonds instructions, but I still must be doing something wrong. I wonder if it has something to do with where I have my OB game. It isn't in the Program Files, but in (C:/) file. I'm kind of getting off topic here in a way. If I get fed-up with it I'll just ask for help.

Got it to work it was my out-of-date QuickTime software messing it up.