Valkyrie Armour Mod

Carah

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not much out there on rune... image wise at least

how could we forget this image of valkyrie, not really but

That's great! When I was in the AF we had a mini Arcade at the Phone Hut, where you could play arcade games while you waited for your comrades to do their calls home. (There were no cell phones back then and I have no idea how the military handles this nowadays ok - yeah i'm a relic) Anyway, I loved this Midway game, I have it here for Playstation somewhere, but I don't know where atm, and I can't think of the name, it was a 4-up multi-player, I always chose to be the Blue Valkyrie, and when you were getting low on life, it would blare

"Blue Valkyrie is about to Die!"

Oh yeah, Gauntlet, man I loved that game.

http://media.strategywiki.org/images/0/09/Gauntlet_flyer.jpg

Oh No Way, Eidos has released it for the Wii! Hahaha I have to get it!

Some Nice artwork:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/otherstuff/crap/38594A6E-866F-4A34-889B-F37FA4A9B27.jpg

Oh yeah, Gauntlet, man I loved that game.

Same here. Played it quite a bit on my beloved Apple IIgs... though I was more of a Dungeon Master type, myself.

Also, you might want try out an emulator to try and resurrect The Real Thing in all its glory - kind of a trip down Memory Lane.

For that, I'm quite fond of SDLMame because it tends towards stable performance. It's still fun to pop in a few (virtual) coins every now and then.

As for the latest head-ups, these are certainly good additions for a Valkyrie campaign. I'd also point out Valkyrie profile, although Namco's aesthetics aren't strictly traditional , hence... your mileage may vary.

When you mentioned valkyrie, I was worried it might be another anime mod being requested. Luckily it's not. Like Lucherenren said "Norse-flavored mods are always good." They fit well into the game without ruining it. I support the idea of this mod. We need female armours that are "curvy" without the use of g-strings.

Back on topic, Kresselack is right here and that should be the focus.

When you mentioned valkyrie, I was worried it might be another anime mod being requested. Luckily it's not. Like Lucherenren said "Norse-flavored mods are always good." They fit well into the game without ruining it. I support the idea of this mod. We need female armours that are "curvy" without the use of g-strings.

Back on topic, Kresselack is right here and that should be the focus.

Suggestions are always welcome.

Namco's designs for the Valkyrie games are actually fairly sensible (marketing-wise, they already have other characters in different franchises appealing to the, ahem, "thong brigade") , but nevertheless it is a different stylistic take on those figures.

Besides, this thread has already split from what I've seen. So it's probably safe to stay closer to more traditional/estabilished designs.

I found another pic, that I absolutely love. When it comes to Mythology I am a traditionalist. Anime gives the Valkyries a fresh modern look, and I like it, and I have seen a OB armour mod., that gives it the anime look, but there isn't one with an old Norse look.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/Carahsword/thmasquevalkyrieascendingat1.jpg