Break the planks!

SunshineBlind

Am I the only one annoyed by the endless barred buildings in the wasteland?!

I walk about, and everywhere I turn I see these buildings with planks over the doors. You'd think that after a nuclear war and 200 years, someone of the survivors searching for food would have broken those planks and gotten in to the house?!

I'd like to see a mod that removes planks from the doors and adds additional instances of abandoned houses. It does not have to include much, and not every house has to be a dungeon. But a small house, with a bed, a kitchen and a small room, or maybe a small shop would do nicely. :)

Am I the only one annoyed by the endless barred buildings in the wasteland?!

I walk about, and everywhere I turn I see these buildings with planks over the doors. You'd think that after a nuclear war and 200 years, someone of the survivors searching for food would have broken those planks and gotten in to the house?!

I'd like to see a mod that removes planks from the doors and adds additional instances of abandoned houses. It does not have to include much, and not every house has to be a dungeon. But a small house, with a bed, a kitchen and a small room, or maybe a small shop would do nicely. :)

ABSOLUTELY agree! Was playing last night near Big Town and was really getting annoyed by the boarded up houses!!!

Not only that, but it totally kills immersion for me, when it's getting dark and I want to sleep, and I want to risk going into one of these buildings to spend the night. :(

Just "opening" them and making them all but empty would make me happy, frankly!

Of course, a few could be turned into quest locations with a CS, or a shop or even possible PC's homes... actually, I wonder if at least a few of these aren't already bookmarked by Bethesda for future DLC?

ABSOLUTELY agree! Was playing last night near Big Town and was really getting annoyed by the boarded up houses!!!

Not only that, but it totally kills immersion for me, when it's getting dark and I want to sleep, and I want to risk going into one of these buildings to spend the night. :(

Just "opening" them and making them all but empty would make me happy, frankly!

Of course, a few could be turned into quest locations with a CS, or a shop or even possible PC's homes... actually, I wonder if at least a few of these aren't already bookmarked by Bethesda for future DLC?

Agreed, that's when I first noticed it. :/

I thought the same thing, and as far as I'm concerned, not all of the houses (a minority of them, in fact) should be occupied or filled with "valuable" stuff. It's been 200 years, so most of the houses should be empty and raided since long. But if there's a bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom and maybe a common room in each, some are stores and so on, I'd be HAPPY. And then, on occasion, you get in to a house where a scavenger is, or maybe mole rats or raiders... Could be anything. :)

Archived