Request: Rideables for Player and NPC

Remo801

Hi Modders,

is there a chance to get ride able vehicles?

In some Raiders-Hideouts I see Motor-Cycles...but they are just deco :(

In Oblivion I was able to ride a horse... or had mod with other ride able creatures.

Also one thing: Why only Cows and Dogs have survived? All Horses are dead?

A Horse Mutant could be nice...maybe 5 legs insteed of 4...or big muscles front legs and broad shoulders.

Or a Goul-Horse version... :D

For Motorcycles or Cars/Buggys ... they could be powered by energy cells... like ammo from laser-guns.

What do you think?

And please excause my english...

Many THX in advance

Lore-wise, engineering an energy-cell-powered car is possible, since you could get one in F2. Concept-wise, motorcycles are PERFECT considering how much influence the series has from Mad Max... Gameplay-wise, however, I'm not sure how that would work. I mean, you can already fast travel, and working it into VATS would be difficult (although awesome. You'd have to take HUGE to-hit penalties, though, otherwise vehicles would make combat a total pushover due to you being untouchable)...

But I think it could work in the right hands. I also think that you should have to gather a lot of parts and take them to an NPC in a higher-level area to make you have to earn such a useful and cool tool, and it should also use A LOT of whatever the fuel is, so that players don't just cruise EVERYWHERE and ignore all enemies. Part of the fun and atmosphere of Fallout is trying to make that week-long trek, and in the middle of the night when you're almost there... BAM! Mutant animal ambush!

I'd love to see it, though!

Am I the only one who's seen the loading screen ad for "Giddyup Buttercup" and thought Bethesda either planned to add a (robot!) horse and them didn't, or have it planned as a DLC?

In terms of what I'd like to see... I always wanted to see a mutated creature that could be ridden in a Fallout game, just to see what they might be like (perhaps something two-legged, like an ostrich, kangaroo or small dinosaur, just to be really weird!).

In serious terms, though, I think a motorcycle would be the best solution, given F3's engine/FPS view and the terrain.

Hmm... Yes, it would be cool :D

But I think it is too hard to manage Motorcicle/Horseride Battle Moves into game.

I would be happy to have a Bike/Hover/Buggy/Tank/Car or Animal...

in Oblivion (vanilla) you also had to jump from the horse for battle.

Yes...Fast Travel is also a nice Gimmick... but you can't see this awesome Landscape.

Also the Chicks love it ... harhar ^^

About the Energy: Vehicles also could have Solar-Plates... no Sun, no drive... the Nights stay dangerous :rolleyes:

That could be an inspiration:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7gYNb3GSh4M/R2VlsmD-I_I/AAAAAAAACfQ/Liv8XUk-UC4/s1600/detonator.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_7gYNb3GSh4M/R1RnvvUMopI/AAAAAAAACMw/ywKRrE_8rvI/s1600-R/dream1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7gYNb3GSh4M/R2CxcfUMqSI/AAAAAAAACeI/_JyPdNvY2iU/s1600/ram_01.jpg

I think a motorcyle would definately be the best fit for the Fallout universe, especially with the Mad Max connotations. Unless Bethesda make it available via DLC, I'm sure (if a construction set is released) that it won't be too long before something like this becomes available.

I approve the thought of a motor cycle mod. I also think that there should be some larger vehicles as well. Lots of rusty old pickup trucks, a fair amount of muscle cars, several SUVs, some tanks and one or two flying vehicles.

Also, I want the ability to build vehicles Macguyver style. But I guess we're all waiting on the CS for this one.

Archived