Steam updated me to 1.8 and now my game is bugged.

peterkeller

Hey guys.

I received an automatic update for the skyrim beta, 1.8, and now i can hardly attack in game. The swing is buggy and sometime i don't even attack, other times i attack twice in about half a second. needless to say, i can't play normally now. is there a way to undo the update?

Hey guys.

I received an automatic update for the skyrim beta, 1.8, and now i can hardly attack in game. The swing is buggy and sometime i don't even attack, other times i attack twice in about half a second. needless to say, i can't play normally now. is there a way to undo the update?

I've just played the first time after the update. I didn't fight, but somehow in riften healga and brand-shei killed marise and started fighting against the guards. They had the same problem that you described here. sometimes they don't attack, sometimes they attack twice in one second, but without an animation. What I also had: The game does now LAG AS BLOODY HELL! I can't play anymore! Hope bethesda quickly solves this -.-

Or you could try the uesp wiki sugestion:

Please note that having a designated patch installed will not guarantee that the issue it was supposed to fix will be fixed upon entering game. In some cases after a patch has been installed players have noted that their previous save files have become unplayable, glitchy and other issues. As such it may be necessary to start a new game file to have all issues resolved.

That is right my friends... Have a problem after the update? Start again!

Updates often break custom animations. If you have any mods that modify animations, remove them until the mods get updated.

I dont use custom ani's but my game is haveing many of the same issues... massive lag... strange fights .... merchants that have NO merchandise and dont see your. course he custom house mods all tried to go back to NORMAL now they are TRASHED. lesson to learn from this TURN OFF auto updates. oh an I did restart many times it is the same

Edited by Ricksnowy

I think my issue could be linked to the update.

It freezes for about 2 seconds (happens every two minutes or so) and my save files are now huge, the latest one being 62MB. I am going to start again but gutted, Loki was a beast :(

I will actually reinstall the whole game and re-download all the mods that I actually enjoyed. I noticed NMM doesn't always get rid of the mods when deactivating, that surely can't be healthy over an extended period of time. I just need to think of a new name for my new character.

@Steve40 and Glion

I've re-installed "vanilla" Skyrim with patch 1.8 and no mods and the issue is still there, I can hear hits doing 4+ or more hits with no animation and killing characters, it's even worse when side strafing and attacking, after which I re-installed patch 1.7 in a manner I wouldn't have liked :pirate: and the game works flawlessly, no lag, no animation glitching when attacking. I've also noticed with patch 1.8 dragons don't breath fire but the animation is there and the audio cuts in and out. I suggest those experiencing issues should revert back to 1.7.

There is also a bug when I tried to load an old save all characters where hostile against each other reminded me of the chaos cheat from Grand Theft Auto :tongue:

Edited by aesima

@Steve40 and Glion

I've re-installed "vanilla" Skyrim with patch 1.8 and no mods and the issue is still there, I can hear hits doing 4+ or more hits with no animation and killing characters, it's even worse when side strafing and attacking, after which I re-installed patch 1.7 in a manner I wouldn't have liked :pirate: and the game works flawlessly, no lag, no animation glitching when attacking. I've also noticed with patch 1.8 dragons don't breath fire but the animation is there and the audio cuts in and out. I suggest those experiencing issues should revert back to 1.7.

There is also a bug when I tried to load an old save all characters where hostile against each other reminded me of the chaos cheat from Grand Theft Auto :tongue:

Did you start a new game or were you using an old save?

@Steve40 and Glion

Did you start a new game or were you using an old save?

For every patch to come out I always start a new game, I does this also for mod's, I started a new game several times and loaded past saves, I'm almost certain that patch 1.8 is at fault, I can't explain why the issues would be persistent even after a fresh reinstall of "vanilla" Skyrim with no mods hence "vanilla" other then 1.8 being the criminal, 'cause 1.7 works great.

Edited by aesima