Wearable backpack

Johnnyska

Do any of you guys remember a game called Hidden & Dangerous 2. It is by far the best equipment management system I have ever seen on a RPG. It allowed you manage your equipment so that you could carry 2 long weapons (say bren gun and Lee Enfield sniper) one over each shoulder, a side arm (at your right hip) and a knife (can't remember where). If you carried a SMG then your character had SMG ammo pouches. Rifle - you guessed it - rifle pouches. grenades were housed in pouches attached to your body and disappeared when none were left. different weapons, knives, grenades had appropriate sheathes, holsters. All this in a game that tried to be like FO3 is now, but played very badly and over 8 years ago. it was let down by hardware and AI scripting (OMG the AI was terrible).

Other thing was you could select a compass and if you didn't have one in your equipment then you didn't have one in your HUD.

you could have a pack or not and it had a number of squares inside. So it was a combination of realistically reflecting your load and how you would look carrying it with manageing the contentts of your pack classic RPG style.

Don't know it that explains it very well but it established a bench mark with me for a military RPG that I have never come close to recapturing in nearly a decade.

Archived