Weapons/Equipment Slots

madcaddie

Would it be possible to make weapon slots? If you can carry around 10 different guns why can't I assign each weapon a slot from 1 - 0 and bind that key to the weapon its a right pain to go through the menu just to chuck a grenade. Also want mouse wheel to be next/previous weapon. Can this be done?????????

If this is possible can the same thing also be done for stimpacks etc?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't mean to bump and old post but, this can be done in vanilla Fallout 3. When in your weapons screen, Hold one of the number keys and click the weapon you want to be assigned to that number. This can be done for numbers 1 - 0 i think. You cant scroll through them as far as i know though.

• 6 years later...

I'm interested in something far more challenging: setting up an inventory equipment rig similar to that found in Far Cry 3 or the Witcher series: Two two-handed weapons worn on the back OR one super heavy weapon (i.e. a flamethrower, Gatling Gun or Fat Man), two or three one-handed weapons worn on the belt; about a dozen or two dozen stimpacks and/or Jet injectors; and a Backpack for which several mods already exist. The difference I have in mind is: all items outside of the backpack MUST be equipped, and all items would be VISIBLE on the player in third person mode. Much more lore-friendly and helpful to aid in the willing suspension of disbelief.