Higher population

andiders

I want a mod, a quite simple one I believe.

More people. Higher population.

Too list some ideas.

- Farmers working on the farms around Skyrim, there are big farms but just few working them

- Hunters, Skyrim need more hunters. At the tundras, rivers and forests.

- More bandits at the bandit camps. Also, small raiding parties at roads would be fun.

- patrolling guards outside cities and towns. Remember Oblivion? Where guards was outside cities on horses, patrolling the roads? Why not in Skyrim?

- Sailors at the docks of Riften, Windhelm, Dawnstar and Solitude?

- More Kahjiits at the Kahjiit camps and maybe a few more argonian in Windhelm at the docks.

- Students at the college or Winterhold.

- Lumberjacks around the lumber mills

- Scholars and similar around the guardian stones and the other "stones".

You get the idea?

All this would do A LOT for the whole atmosphere of Skyrim. More alive, yet feel quite lore friendly/vanilla.

I would do it if I could get my CK to work, and learn how to do it.

Hope someone will give it a try, I think many would love such a mod.

Well they are mods that add mor NPCs to the game :) Like farmers, bandits and monsters.

I do have monster mod.

But the other which adds NPC just adds some walking around. I want some permanent farmers on the fields, hunters in forests and tundras. Not randomly generated NPCs who walks same route every day and hardly interact with anything.

Yeah but most of them are just walking NPC who don't interact with anything... I want them too work, and stuff.

Honestly, that last link, Interesting Npcs is the best npc mod I have ever played, it adds almost a hundred npcs to the game all voice acted, you spend about 15 to 25 minutes talking to a single npc, if you find and talk to them all, you have quite an extended game. Many of them can be followers, each follower is unique. Some of them are quite surprising.

Honestly, that last link, Interesting Npcs is the best npc mod I have ever played, it adds almost a hundred npcs to the game all voice acted, you spend about 15 to 25 minutes talking to a single npc, if you find and talk to them all, you have quite an extended game. Many of them can be followers, each follower is unique. Some of them are quite surprising.

I know, I do have interesting NPC:s, but theres no noticable change in the cities and towns.

I want it too feel more populated.

1 or 2 farmer working on each field, more hunters running around. People interacting in the cities and towns. Sailors in the docks. Students in the college. And so on.

Interesting NPC:s adds 1-3 new NPC:s in the cities, staying indoor mostly. And then a few out in random places like Rift Watchtower.

Check the "Places" modifications on the steam community (or if they're here on nexus.) They add several new towns / villages to skyrim based on Arena's Skyrim (IE: Oakwood.) The modification adds new stores to some of them. The only truly way to make Skyrim "more populated" is to do what the mod author did in the "Places" modifications.

There's an NPC modification that adds a new store to the college of winterhold, I forgot its name though. I'll admit, I wouldn't mind seeing more NPCs added, specifically custom-voiced ones. if I had knowledge in how to import blender models (and how to model them properly for skyrim animations / etc.) Then I'd end up doing modeling for my own special modification (which isn't TES Friendly, but would add a seriously huge questline. As well as a countdown clock event for escaping some ruins.)