Infinite loading screen help

Woltane

Its pretty sad I bought this game today and I have been barely been able to play, bug after bug after crash after freeze, ridiculous, Ive been trying to fix it for the last 10 hours. That's the best 59$ I've ever spent on a game <insert sarcasm>.

Btw If I get the patch v1-7-7-0-6 from my friend computer and put it in my files will it work ? and will steam force me to update back to 1.8 ?

Yes it will work, I couldn't find the post and link for the patch, but i emailed myself a copy, Look n my profile page for my email, and shoot me an email and I'll send it to you.

Go under the updates for skyrim in steam and select "don't automatically update", however to be on the safe side keep steam in ofline mode so they don't force an update anyway. and wait for 1.8 to stabilize before going back.

and keep the copy i send you close, just incase.

Alright found what you are talking about on steam, thanks man.

I sent you my email.

So far I have been able to advance in my quest but I cant save in the dawnguard castle or = instant freeze. Will wait to try that patch 1.7

Edited by reviel

I forget to mention I have a few armor and weapons mods about only 10 active mods and I know they all work without any problems.

I think its related to one of the mods Im running but idk which one.

EDIT : I finally found the problem it was related to the mod called : crimson tide - blood.esp

When I had it activated my game was loading forever, well I guess I will have to remove the mod.

udate I removed ALL mods and it still wont load... and yes steam AUTOMATICALY updates even when it is turned off. my steam seting are set to NEVER upgrade unless I tell it too...... beth/steam overid my choices. now I have a program that is UNPLAYABLE at all.... it just NEVER stops loading.... time to try reinstalling the program... if that doesnt work it will be on ebay tomorrow

I forget to mention I have a few armor and weapons mods about only 10 active mods and I know they all work without any problems.

I think its related to one of the mods Im running but idk which one.

EDIT : I finally found the problem it was related to the mod called : crimson tide - blood.esp

When I had it activated my game was loading forever, well I guess I will have to remove the mod.

udate I removed ALL mods and it still wont load... and yes steam AUTOMATICALY updates even when it is turned off. my steam seting are set to NEVER upgrade unless I tell it too...... beth/steam overid my choices. now I have a program that is UNPLAYABLE at all.... it just NEVER stops loading.... time to try reinstalling the program... if that doesnt work it will be on ebay tomorrow

reinstalling wont help to get off 1.8, since once it reinstalls it will immidenly update to curent patch, which is 1.8.

revert to 1.7.7 if possiable if you need help ask. my email is on my profile.

Okay, I put the 2 files in the data folder of skyrim and yet it still says my version is 1.8.51..etc I even tried to restart a new game but it still says I'm stuck to the 1.8 version weird.

I did play the game but when ever I click tab it still indicate that my game is at version 1.8 and it didnt fix anything on my old save I still get infinite loading screen and my quest is kind of screwed up. I haven't tried on a clean save but it still says 1.8 on a clean save. Edited by reviel

earlier when you said you uninstalled that mod that crashed your game, did you complety remove every trace of it from your Skyrim/Data folder?

not sure why the file i sent you isn't working. did you try updating your remaining mods new versions mod authors have released for 1.8?