Merging several esp files into one

Jennifur68

A "dirty edit" could be defined as an unintentional edit that edits something other than what the mod is designed to change. If you are making a weapon mod, and you have a weapon edit with an asterisk, it is likely not a dirty edit. Check the first two characters of the form ID. If the object resides within your mod and edits something you intended to change, then it is not a dirty edit. If the form ID is something from vanilla Skyrim, then it is likely a dirty edit and you may have changed all the weapons in the whole game world, not just your new custom ones.

It is better to rename objects so that they have unique form IDs. If you depend on dirty edits, then they might disappear or get modcleaned out.

It sounds like you are succeeding and it is starting to work for you.

I guess I phrased that wrong but the new forms that are created are added to the active plugin . I checked my merged plugin in TES5Edit and didn't see anything that wasn't supposed to be there...I went through each section one by one looking for Skyrim vanilla items and had it run a filter for cleaning. Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me, I was starting to think I'd never get it merged. Edited by Jennifur68

• 4 years later...

This is exactly what I'm trying to do as well. Except I'm doing it for smoother modding and to clean up my ESPs. I'm using around 250 mods. I want to put ALL my weapon mods into one giant ESP. Same with Clothing Mods. Texture Mods (Which was easy and I already did that one), etc etc....

I want to have 5 massive ESP's rather than 240 something. I'm using those numbers loosely just as an example but you get my point. And what you're saying is I have to go in and copy edit by edit and item ID by item ID from all those ESP's into the new one? Bummer there's not an easier way of doing this.

The main reason for this is probably to clean up the settlement mods. A couple items and menu's CTD no matter how hard I try to get all these Settlement mods to play nicely. I'm sitting here now procrastinating, trying to figure out the best way to get all these mods into one.

Edited by SickMods1111