Please Help!! Huge LOD Issue

Dcramer710

To begin, I have plenty of mods installed (2K textures, SMIM, ProjectFlora, and Climates of Tamriel to name a few) and as you can (hopefully) see by the image I attached, I am having a huge issue with Dragonsreach and Whiterun disappearing as I walk away. If I want it to reappear I have to walk really close to the city wall and it will eventually pop in. This problem is now spreading to other buildings as well such as the watch tower south of Whiterun. I have set my Ugrids to 7 and that didn't help. I tried deleting my Skyrimprefs ini and letting the game reset that file for me and the issue still persists. I have all the faders maxed out with the game on ultra quality as well. I uninstalled my mods and it was still an issue. I uninstalled skyrim and re-installed it and it was still an issue. I then reactivated my mods and placed them in a new load order and I still have the issue. I have seen a few posts about this issue dating back to January and they didn't seem to be solved. I have exhausted all options that I can think of and was hoping you all could help.

Thanks

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u576/Dcramer710/2012-11-06_00014.jpg

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u576/Dcramer710/2012-11-06_00015.jpg

I uninstalled skyrim and re-installed it and it was still an issue.

Did you remove any remaining folders after uninstalling? Because if there were some changes made/files added, the uninstall wouldn't have touched them.

I made sure to delete any remaining files left in the skyrim folder. I had an ENB installed and the only files I saw that were still in the Skyrim Folder were from the ENB.

Odd, normally the LOD files for tamriel are read from skyrim-meshes.bsa and skyrim-textures.bsa

After reinstalling, did you continue with your same save or did you start fresh? Does the issue happen with a fresh game?

(just start the game, at the title screen open the console and coc whiterun - is LOD working properly now?)

If yes, there's something borked in your savegame.

If not, let's try a workaround hack

Try grabbing a copy of bsa browser.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1395

From skyrim-meshes.bsa select and extract (action > extract)

- tamriel.lod from path LODsettings

- everything in path meshes\lod

From skyrim-textures.bsa select and extract

- everything in path textures\LOD

- tamriel.objects.dds and tamriel.objects_n.DDS from path \textures\terrain\tamriel\objects

After this you should see a folder \lodsettings and \meshes\lod\xxx and \textures\terrain\lod\xxx in your data folder. Launch the game again, see if this fixes it.

I uninstalled skyrim and re-installed it and it was still an issue.

Did you remove any remaining folders after uninstalling? Because if there were some changes made/files added, the uninstall wouldn't have touched them.

I made sure to delete any remaining files left in the skyrim folder. I had an ENB installed and the only files I saw that were still in the Skyrim Folder were from the ENB.

I'm trying to use the BSA manager but since I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to this modding stuff (just got skyrim a week ago) I have no idea how to use this utility. How exactly do get the bsa's to show up in the program. I tried opening bsa's but the program just kind of sits there and does nothing.