Please Help!! Huge LOD Issue

Dcramer710

Try grabbing a copy of bsa browser.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1395

From skyrim-meshes.bsa select and extract (action > extract)

- tamriel.lod from path LODsettings

- everything in path meshes\lod

From skyrim-textures.bsa select and extract

- everything in path textures\LOD

- tamriel.objects.dds and tamriel.objects_n.DDS from path \textures\terrain\tamriel\objects

After this you should see a folder \lodsettings and \meshes\lod\xxx and \textures\terrain\lod\xxx in your data folder. Launch the game again, see if this fixes it.

I had the same issue, this one fixed it. Thanks a bunch.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I uninstalled skyrim and re-installed it and it was still an issue.

Did you remove any remaining folders after uninstalling? Because if there were some changes made/files added, the uninstall wouldn't have touched them.

I made sure to delete any remaining files left in the skyrim folder. I had an ENB installed and the only files I saw that were still in the Skyrim Folder were from the ENB.

Odd, normally the LOD files for tamriel are read from skyrim-meshes.bsa and skyrim-textures.bsa

After reinstalling, did you continue with your same save or did you start fresh? Does the issue happen with a fresh game?

(just start the game, at the title screen open the console and coc whiterun - is LOD working properly now?)

If yes, there's something borked in your savegame.

If not, let's try a workaround hack

- tamriel.objects.dds and tamriel.objects_n.DDS from path \textures\terrain\tamriel\objects

After this you should see a folder \lodsettings and \meshes\lod\xxx and \textures\terrain\lod\xxx in your data folder. Launch the game again, see if this fixes it.

I love you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Odd, normally the LOD files for tamriel are read from skyrim-meshes.bsa and skyrim-textures.bsa

After reinstalling, did you continue with your same save or did you start fresh? Does the issue happen with a fresh game?

(just start the game, at the title screen open the console and coc whiterun - is LOD working properly now?)

If yes, there's something borked in your savegame.

If not, let's try a workaround hack

Years later and still helping people. Thank's for the fix.

• 11 months later...

I know this might be a little late coming, but I think this problem might be caused by a system upgrade to Windows 10.

I have this problem, but I didn't until I upgraded my PC to Windows 10. I don't know if this is what causes it, but it certainly could be a culprit, as much of my filesystem got moved around.