Fallout3 Multiplayer

Dragonsbane777

Recently I began playing Fallout3, finished the main quest. I have begun the many others. I also recently tried Oblivion, which was pretty cool too. With about 5GB of downloads, including a huge retexture DL that made all the Oblivion textures much higher quality, it comes close to Fallout3.

The newest mod I saw for Oblivion was a multiplayer enhancement. My question: Has anyone heard of a multiplayer enhancement in the works for this game?

Thanks,

Dragonsbane777

Just to put some perspective on the Fallout 3 multiplayer question, it'd be like going to a car dealership and asking them if they've given any thought or are currently working on cars that can drive across water.

Not only would it be extremely hard to accomplish (such as in Oblivion), but without the mod tools even released yet it's impossible to even speculate.

I think this would involve fiddling with the executable rather than with the CS, but the whole securom/windows LIVE thing makes it a lot harder because of its integrity checks.. Still, you could at least check with whoever made multiplayer oblivion and ask them if it's possible for fallout 3...

I think this would involve fiddling with the executable rather than with the CS, but the whole securom/windows LIVE thing makes it a lot harder because of its integrity checks.. Still, you could at least check with whoever made multiplayer oblivion and ask them if it's possible for fallout 3...

I think the short answer would be: yes; long answer: not yet.

• 2 weeks later...
The answer to the question asking if it'd be possible is yes, but whether it'll be possible for an indie modding crew without access to the game's source code is an entirely different question. I'm pretty sure the Oblivion multiplayer mod is still in an alpha or maybe even pre-alpha stage and I can't find any news on the project that isn't ~2 years old, but if anyone has a good link I'd love to have it - was pretty excited about it back then, but kind of lost track of the progress due to not playing Oblivion for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...
Project v13 is indeed a project for Fallout 3 online.

The website: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Project_V13_FAQ

Not quite. V13 is Fallout Online, not Fallout 3 Online. Its not being made by Bethsoft, it's being made by Interplay, the guys who created the first 2 games and will likely be vastly different from Fallout 3. Same universe, different game.

Interplay sold the Fallout name to Beth, but as I recall they had 2 years to come up with a Fallout MMO, and 6 years to release it. I could be wrong on those numbers.

Archived