Skeleton -> Draugr -> Race

Nimbus21

SO I had a bit of an idea for an extensive mod, for those that likes a challange, though I don't know if its possible. It's a compination of an alternate start mod, an alternate race mod and a quest mod. And possible an armor mod.

Imagine this for an alternate start. Your character wakes up in a crypt, having been resurected by some necromancers that have no idea exactly what tehy have pulled up outa the ground. You kill them and take their armor [1] and weapons and head out.

[1] The armor would need to be a full coverage one. There would also need to be some adjustment made to the model for the skeletons. While its possible to make it so that skeletons can wear armor, it clips trough. Most notably the skull and around the chest.

Now your still the dragonborn, and as such can absorb dragon souls. But here is the kicker, after having absorbed enough dragon souls, or maybe just one, you start to reanime some flesh, turning into what looks like a Draugr. Some more and you will be compleately rejuvenated. Is kinda what happens with the main baddy in The Mummy, he starts as a desicated corps, but the more he kills the more he regenerates, looking more and more human.

Well, once there one can seemlessly incorporate it into the vanilla storyline.

Quests to cover the initial timespan between awakening and reuping into the vanila contents will have to be managed in some way for it to work. But in all i think it would be a cool mod.

Alternately, for those that don't want to be a dragonborn, could always have him being the avatar of one of the big devils in the game, and instead of absorbing dragon souls they drain the souls of those they kill.

I know it's unlikely to be made, but I lose nothing just puting it out there. Add a comment if you like it so it remains on the first few pages.

Hae a great time playing ;)

I like this idea, but I don't know if I'd ever use, it seems to be way to 'straightandnarrow' of a story for skyrim, it's great for RPing that exact character, but you can't really make changes to it and make your own character out of it besides just pretending "I am so and so brought back from the dead" Also, how would face gen work for the fully fleshes out version? What if you want to be an argonian or khajiit?

It's a crazy and cool idea, just seems like it would be a massive overhaul for something that would really limit your character choices and would basically have no effect on the game once you became 'fully-flesh', unless you managed to make it work with every single race, even mod-added races.

I'd still probably give it at least one play through if it was made though. I would like to see this combine together with the ability to become Lich, binding the dragon souls into undead minions.

I like this idea, but I don't know if I'd ever use, it seems to be way to 'straightandnarrow' of a story for skyrim, it's great for RPing that exact character, but you can't really make changes to it and make your own character out of it besides just pretending "I am so and so brought back from the dead" Also, how would face gen work for the fully fleshes out version? What if you want to be an argonian or khajiit?

It's a crazy and cool idea, just seems like it would be a massive overhaul for something that would really limit your character choices and would basically have no effect on the game once you became 'fully-flesh', unless you managed to make it work with every single race, even mod-added races.

I'd still probably give it at least one play through if it was made though. I would like to see this combine together with the ability to become Lich, binding the dragon souls into undead minions.

Well I don't know how it would be done. But if it gets done, i don't think it would be to hard to have the race menue pop up before the start of the game. You get to customize the character there, and then when you are fully animated you will have that apperence and sex. At least that's how I would do it if I could

• 1 year later...