Help With Mod: Whales and Sharks

RuRokku

I've seen on the Monster mod by dogtown1 who did an AMAZING job and Ive seen Aquatic Life by Elste17 who also did great .and decided to give modding a shot and create a larger aquatic animals mod with whales and sharks. But I may need help in creating it.

Essentially isnt it just swapping some animations and textures out with the slaughter fish for the sharks and making a whale skin and enlarging one of the fish? Or am i simplifying this? Also, does anyone know a good resource where I can find some skin textures to do this mod? I'll do the work if I can get someone to hold my hand through it, as well as get some info on resources.

My largest problem is, other then the creation kit, I don't have any software to do any self made animation, so if anyone has any suggestions, I could use that help as well.

I'll do what I can to bring a more immersion to Skyrim.

R.R.

I do have a great white shark I made as a static mesh for Second Life just to play with organic modeling. For Skyrim it would need to be rigged to a skeleton...maybe the slaughterfish skeleton might work so it could use the same animations but I don't know how using it may affect the slaughter fish in game. Sometimes using game assets like skeletons can have really bad effects...like once I shrank the IMVU chat skeleton to create a short alien avatar...suddenly all avatars in the 3D chat room started randomly shrinking to my size then popping back to normal size. My model also wasn't made with rigging in mind but if someone wants to give it a shot I guess I could send them my 3DS Max file to look at...but then if they have the capability to open my file the odds are they're probably capable of making a shark from scratch.

And I agree with Steve, its not a simple as you may think. Even if you enlarged a slaughterfish and reskinned it with a shark texture it would never look like a shark. Its certainly a project way beyond my Skyrim modding skills currently.

Its certainly a project way beyond my Skyrim modding skills currently.

That's my problem at the moment. (i'm a complete newb, lol ) Trying to wrap my head around adding something that's in the game that is currently not in it. If you want to send me resources , i'll do my best to get this mod up and running.Its not impossible. Someone has already done it, and IMO a great job, I just would like to see an animator with more experience help him.

As far as the wwhales go. Im not the only one who wants this, some modders are talking about it HERE so its a demand on a few people in the communities mind .

Edited by RuRokku

I will be honest here rigging a shark mesh to a fish skeleton is a heck of a lot easier to do that a human or monster . its only got around 3-4 bones and using skin wrap modifier would almost automatically do it for you, just leaving you some tweaking to do while you run it through some of the animes in Max , Ofc this is only relevant if you have Max and slight experience with it.

I started from knowing nothing to having rigged over 35 armors and 15 new monsters so if i can do it anyone can ,just takes dedication.

Edited by AlphaWoIF