Modding Assistance Needed

VictoryRush

It turns out creating a mod from the tools is really easy. They made the tools so that when you pack things to your mod, it looks for what you changed and creats files for your mod automatically. So after you change all the armor, go to Tools > WH Tools > Modding

Click the button 'Create new mod' and fill in your mod info

in the 'selected mod' dropdown, make sure your mod is selected

Then just click 'Pack other files' and it creates your mod

-----------

If you want to create an npc to preview armor on:

Tools > WH Tools > Exhibition of bodies

in the 'Name' search an NPC name. I use kickstarter_henry because there are only 2

Click on 'create bodies'

In the 'Start position' it tells you the coordinates where it spawned the new bodies

In the main editor window there is 'Goto position' at the bottom, use that and enter the coordinates for the created bodies and click 'Go To' You'll need to move the camera around and find the npcs that it created. You can select the npc by clicking the little figure around his head

Then go to View > Open View Pane > WH NPC Editor - Down at the bottom left of this opened window select 'Armor Test'

In the Armor Test window, you can see what all this npc is currently wearing. You can select the item slot like body_plate, then select an item for him to wear in the next column

---------

You will need the WH Clothing Elements Editor to actually change the specular values

Views > Open View Pane > WH Clothing Elements Editor

Now you find the item that you want to change (items starting with pa_ are plate armor) and click it. on the right look for 'Open material editor and select material' underneath make sure 'Auto select in material editor' is checked and then click 'Open material editor and select material'

This should bring you directly to the material in the editor. Select the middle box texture and you can edit the Specular Color

-----

It's a little strange, because in the NPC Editor, the name of the item that you put on the dude isn't necessarily the name of the material for that item in the Clothing Elements editor. For example pa_kyrys_003 in the NPC editor - the material for this item in the Clothing Elements Editor is pa_kyrys_004, and it's not in that order - you could find an item with 005 and the material for it is in 009 or something. This makes what you are wanting to do a little bit of a pain if you want to be able to preview it on the NPC in the editor

good luck, I look forward to seeing what you make of it

Wow, thank you so much for all your help with this. I am blown away by how much detail you put into your explanation!

I will make good use of this and try my best at fixing all the discolored armor that I come across and possibly attempt other things after I am done with that.

I did it! I edited all the affected armors that I could find and made it into a mod. I ran my game and tested it and everything looks beautiful and matching again! I am going to work on a few details but I plan to release it to the nexus soon.

You have been such a huge help, thank you again. I will mention you in the mod info if that is alright with you.

I did it! I edited all the affected armors that I could find and made it into a mod. I ran my game and tested it and everything looks beautiful and matching again! I am going to work on a few details but I plan to release it to the nexus soon.

You have been such a huge help, thank you again. I will mention you in the mod info if that is alright with you.

Yes , it is alright with me. I'll have to check out your mod today sometime. I wonder why they never fixed this lol. Let us hope it is because they are too busy working on a KCD 2!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...