Skyrim CTD

Bjornheim

My skyrim CTD after about 30seconds-1min gameplay. This has happend ever since I entered the pre-dungeons towards Alftand, so I CoC to Whiterun , run around see if I CTD again, and It happens just at the same amount of time.

I have updated SKSE, uninstalled my MAP mods, updated my RCRN, ran BOSS about 2 days ago, ran SKedit5 at the same day as I ran Boss. I have personally made sure that my load order is as good as it can be, placeing Unoffical skyrim patch/Dawnguard patch under the last ESM, then WATER, Then Shadow Striping fix 1.30, Then AMO - Combat, AMO-Special, Extended Slider, Imrpoved Combat sound, the rest is armor/weapons mods, house mods, Texture mods (HQsnow, Skyrim HD, HD Flora, etc.)

And I still crash, im beginning to think that its my windows 7 thats shutting down skyrim for whatever reason, mayby its preventing a blue screen.

Help me, please, I dont know how to fix this, I realy want to continue my hunt for the elder scrolls :(

276 saves, 3 auto saves, no quiksaves. I have moved most of my saves, keeping 270-276 in the Skyrim > Saves folder, and the older once I just moved to a backup file that I created.

Sure, ill try a new game then, see if that makes a difference. And by the way, after I updated/uninstalled my mods before this CTD thing started happening, I had that "Some objects blablaba may not be Blablabal in this save, do you still wish to load" Yes/No , obviously i click yes everytime, now mayby my saves are corrupted, but that would suck balls because Im lvl48 on master difficulty and I would have to be forced to start over and lvl up the enchanting tree to 100, which is incredibly tedious...

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Back; and played a new save, went on for more than 1min, still didnt crash, So I guess my damn mods uninstalling must have completely screwed my game up. Corrupted save... unless mayby someone knows about some mod tthat  might cause CTD in 1.8</div>

Edited by Bjornheim

I was referring to the size of your save file not the total number of saves you have. If it is really big, you could be running out of ram causing the ctd. also the number of mods your using could be causing you to run out of ram or Vram causing the ctd.

If you want to start a new game and get back to level whatever, i would suggest "levelers tower" http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14152

oh uhm, 3,16 KB is how large my main characters latest save is. The file "saves" is 400+ Mb big. And how can this be my ram? I have 16gb ram on the desk, then crossfire 2gb Hd 6950s.

I just want to fix this, otherwise im gona have to get that mod you linked (Thanks for that)

Edited by Bjornheim

that is an insanely huge save game. Anything over 50 megs can be difficult to load.

Your skyrim game will only use up to 4 gigs of ram regardless of how much you actually have...its a bethesda thing.

Secondly, your save game details not only your completed quests but what things are out of place from their default locations. If you go to an area and move everything floating freely in that cell to somewhere else, the game records that in your save game and when you load that cell, it must retrieve that data from your save game. When you go to a new cell, it does not remove the data from the last cell you were in from your ram, it simply adds to it and eventually is too much for your machine.

load your current save game and every time you go to a new cell, console command "pcb" for purge cell buffer. If this fixes your problem it means you were running out of memory either from the hi res textures or the save game.

Im level 48 and have 100 quests under my belt besides the main, DB, and winterhold stuff, with 20 mods and my save game is only 11 megs. It is because i dont pickup and drop everything i see, nor do i run a zillion aftermarket weapon and armor mods.

Thanks, Ill try the pcb method

<div><br></div><div>Edit  How may I fix the "huge save game" issue? I have been in the save now, and typed PCB while I was in "Alftand Animonculory" (the place I am in) and then I went out the the door to Alftand Glacial Ruins typed PCB again and then went back into Animonculory and typed PCB and then I continue to go further into the dungeon, as useal, the crash happened about 1min in.</div><div>Its just instant crash to desktop btw, no errors, just instant crash. </div>

Edited by Bjornheim