Terrain and Weather

Altair012

Forgive my ignorance, as I've no idea what is moddable or not, I'm no tech whiz. But I thought its about time someone does a terrain mod. You know, like

-snow maps

-river maps

-desert

And like,

-harder to walk through certain terrain than others.......

-For example if a soldier can move 10 spaces with each move, roads,grass use 1 space each,swamps,sand and snow use 1.5,deep water,rivers use 2.

Plus, maybe a weather mod?

-rain,blizzard,sandstorm

and besides the aesthethics say rain reduces vision,blizzard reduces vision and further hinders movement, sandstorm causes massive vision impairment and small DoT.

Like i said, this probably cant even be done, but you know, just throwing it out there for the pro's.

More maps could probably be added without too much issue, but the rest of that would be difficult as there is no base to build them from. It would likely requirse reinventing the wheel for each part of your suggestion.

That is not to say it is impossible. It would just be a major undertaking that is a bit beyond what we know how to do as of yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Ya from what I heard they're prerendered maps, rather than procedural ones created on the fly. Was kinda disappointed in a way, judging from the graphics I thought they had the ability to mix-and-match several prerendered sections together. E.g. urban, throw in a random carpark, a building or two, some walkways, etc. Didn't realise each and every single map was fully prerendered.

I'm also interested in the weather/lighting aspect. It'd give more options to carry things in your inventory like night vision scopes or whatever, then later on combination stuff to reduce the number of things you'd want equipped, etc.