Something small, something hidden

Paradox0S

For a while now I've been scouring both the Nexus and the Workshop for a house mod suitable for my argonian. He's not so much a proper "dovahkiin" as much as he's a "madly anti-social hobo". As such, I've been trying to avoid buying any homes in any of the holds. He can't stand interacting with people more than is absolutely necessary, and I think living in a big town/city would make him very restless.

What I had in mind is something that, well, has been done before: a small, cozy cave or well or sewer with the bare minimum of furnishings. A bed, a chest/safe, a fire. Maybe one shelf/weapon wrack/mannequin just so it looks like he has a place to hang everything up at the end of the day. He probably wouldn't even have a real bed--just a bed roll unceremoniously tossed somewhere dry(ish).

So far the Underground Lake House and the Whiterun Cave House have both appealed to what I have in mind the most. Both reclusive and hidden and with plenty of water for an argonian to enjoy. The former has way more crafting stuff available but the general feeling of reclusion without sacrificing space makes that a-OK. Though I do think I prefer the Whiterun Cave House. It's cozier.

I've been using the Underground Lake House for a while now (I prefer the Whiterun Cave House, sure, but it's right in the middle of...well, Whiterun), and really the only problem with both of those mods is the location... I have four dovahkiin counting this one and frankly it's dull having so many of them living in or around Whiterun/Riverwood. I dragged my khajiit to Riften, my nord lives near Markarth, and I left my dark elf behind in Whiterun. I was hoping I could find a hidden, watery cave home somewhere near-ish Solitude or Morthal. Preferably Solitude.

...Sooo I guess what I'm asking here is if someone has the patience or know-how to make something like this, only somewhere in the wilderness between Solitude and Morthal? The marsh would probably be an ideal location.

If nobody else fancies making it, I could do it for you.

Or... why don't you have a go at it yourself? Modding is a fun, creative process, and player houses can be one of the easiest things to make :)

I mean, you have clearly thought this through and seem to have the vivid imagination required for this sort of thing, so why not take this as an opportunity to join in on the modding scene? It all starts with an idea, as they say :D

I can point you in the right direction for tutorials, etc., if you want?

Edited by demidekidasu

If you know of a good tutorial, then I'd certainly be willing to give it a try. Modding is something that interests me somewhat but I've been a little too intimidated to jump into the whole thing. Me and the Creation Kit, we had a fling recently and it ended in tears. I think it resents me for downloading Dawnguard and Hearthfire.

has a series of Youtube videos that should cover exactly what you want in their Creation Kit series...I've watched part of it but haven't tried it myself yet since I've been making weapons.