Merchants having better repair skills?

Silveressa

Personally I find the limited ability of the merchants (such as the one in Megaton) to only be able to repair items to 54% or so a pain in the irradiated arse.

If I have the caps to afford it, I should be able to pay them to overhaul the item to 90% or more capability. Being forced to dump skill points into the repair just to put a weapon or armor at a decent repair % is a bit irritating, (not to mention the constant use of items to repair them yourself) and after playing for a while almost impossible. (unless you happen to have a dozen or so .44 mags in a locker repairing them above the merchant's default 54% is impossible)

Theoretically it should be a relatively simple mod to make (just raising the npc merchants repair skills to 100%) and would really help add to the enjoyment of the game without destroying game balance.

I'd make the mod myself, but unfortunately I don't have the time to learn how to mod this game without a CS available. (the limited amount of time I have for recreation I prefer to spend playing FO3, not learning a complex method of modding it)

thanks to whomever decides to make this.

-Silveressa

i would actually like to keep the 54% on merchants, most of them are not specialized in repairs and are basically traders with some low xp in repairing (15 skill).

What i would like to see is being able to use scrap metal to repair metal items, or something like that so i dont necessarily need another exact item to be able to repair my item. Maybe use duct tape and scrap metal for this or something =p.

A great example of this is the talon combat armor, once i kill off most of the talon people (fort bannister, etc) its very hard to find another piece of combat armor to repair mine with so im forced to go to poorly skilled traders to repair it halfway.

Archived